ZELLA DAY RELEASES NEW SONG “MY GAME”
Songstress Zella Day has officially released her brand new single “My Game,” a hypnotic disco track from her forthcoming five-song EP Where Does The Devil Hide. Today, the maverick singer-songwriter has unveiled an accompanying music video for the song as well, directed by Phillip Lopez (Lauv, James Arthur) with creative direction spearheaded by Kaiman Kazazian and Zella herself. Filled with rich, selective coloring and dazzling retro fashions, the piece is a stylish homage to the classic spy films of 1960s cinema. Watch the video now HERE.
“My Game is feverish time travel into every dimension where the hustle is on the floor,” says Zella. “It's a disco game board with a pair of cherry red dice rolling in my favor. I'm climbing up onto the table in my glitter platforms and I'm calling the shots.”
“My Game” marks the second offering from Where Does The Devil Hide, due out August 28th, 2020. Produced by Dan Auerbach, the EP serves as Zella's debut release in partnership with Easy Eye Sound and Concord Records. For complete track-listing information, please see below.
“Working with Zella at Easy Eye came as a creative partnership in so many ways,” says Dan Auerbach. “She's such a free thinker. These songs showcase her in a way that is honest and self-realized.”
Last month, Zella released “People Are Strangers,” a vulnerable ballad, sun-soaked and possessing the aura of classic California. The stunning music video for the song was filmed in Los Angeles and directed by famed photographer Neil Krug (Lana Del Rey, Tame Impala), who also shot the EP artwork for Where Does The Devil Hide and the single artwork for both “People Are Strangers” and “My Game”.
“People are Strangers” and “My Game” have ignited a confident new era for Zella Day; one that promises to meld vivid aesthetics, sounds and ideas inspired by the spirit of quintessential California. It's a coastal affinity to which she is deeply bonded. Zella comes from a line of strong women who have called the West Coast home for decades. This genetic and geographical linkage are largely responsible for Zella's passionate embrace and understanding of human nature, psychedelia, and California's history of creative subversion.
WHERE DOES THE DEVIL HIDE EP TRACKLIST
People Are Strangers
Only A Dream
Benny My Dear
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com
- The Head and The Heart Announces North American Spring Tour, Releases ‘Honeybee’ Official Video
- Abramorama Partners Two Recording Giants to Release “Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church”
- FUTURE RELEASES 56 NIGHTS
- JESSIE REYEZ ANNOUNCED AS APPLE MUSIC UP NEXT ARTIST
- MEGHAN TRAINOR RELEASES THREE REMIXES OF HER CURRENT SINGE “WAVE”
- Katy J Pearson Shares New Track “Hey You”
- CLINTON KANE SHARES TWO NEW SONGS “hopeless” & “forget about us”
- 104.5 MeTV FM In Rip City launch new Portland Affiliate
- SIX60 RELEASE THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR “PLEASE DON’T GO”