ZELLA DAY RELEASES CELESTIAL NEW SINGLE “PURPLE HAZE”
Maverick singer-songwriter Zella Day has officially debuted her new single “Purple Haze” today in conjunction with a music video directed by famed artist Neil Krug (Tame Impala, Lana Del Rey). Featuring technicolor visions of Zella that warp and melt together like vivid hallucinations, the piece truly makes you feel as though you can taste outer space. Preceded by the sun-soaked ballad “People Are Strangers” and the dazzling disco track “My Game“, “Purple Haze” channels sultry psychedelia and marks yet another imaginative sonic direction from the forthcoming EP Where Does The Devil Hide out August 28th, 2020 in partnership with Concord Records and Easy Eye Sound.
“Purple Haze is summer love for simple pleasures,” said Zella. “When I lived in downtown LA I would hum this melody while strolling to the market in the mood for something sweet. All of those perfect Saturdays with nothing to do but eat oranges and daydream.”
Zella's previous single “My Game” was released in May alongside a cinematic music video directed by Phillip Lopez (Lauv, James Arthur) with creative direction spearheaded by Kaiman Kazazian and Zella herself. Filled with rich, selective coloring and stunning retro fashions, the piece is an homage to some of Zella's favorite classic spy films of 1960s cinema including Pink Panther and Casino Royale. Earlier this spring, she released “People Are Strangers,” the first taste from Where Does The Devil Hide. It's a vulnerable track with a striking music video directed by Krug, who Zella also collaborated with to create the EP artwork for Where Does The Devil Hide and the single artwork for “People Are Strangers,” “My Game” and “Purple Haze”.
Produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, Where Does The Devil Hide ignites a bold new era for Zella Day; one that promises to meld radiant sounds, aesthetics and ideas inspired by the spirit of quintessential California. It's a coastal affinity to which she is deeply bonded. Zella comes from a line of strong women who have called the West Coast home for decades. This genetic and geographical linkage are largely responsible for Zella's passionate embrace and understanding of human nature, psychedelia, and California's history of creative subversion.
- TRAVIS SCOTT RELEASES JACKBOYS PACK TODAY
- OLIVIA O’BRIEN LAUNCHES INNOVATIVE MICROMIXTAPE CONCEPT WITH TWO-SONG RELEASE, IT WAS A SAD F**KING SUMMER
- SKIP MARLEY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MAKE ME FEEL” FEATURING RICK ROSS & ARI LENNOX
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com
- DERMOT KENNEDY RELEASES CAPTIVATING VISUAL FOR “THE CORNER”
- REMI WOLF RELEASES NEW TRACK “WOO!”
- ASHNIKKO UNLEASHES ALIEN-COWGIRL INSPIRED VIDEO FOR “WORKING BITCH”
- PHOTOS + VIDEO: Music Midtown 2019 – Cardi B, Billie Eilish, Travis Scott, Panic! At The Disco, Vampire Weekend, Lizzo and more
- BENEE PREMIERES VIDEO FOR “BLU”
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”