Ascending to the forefront of the game at lightspeed, Las Vegas-born and DMV-based buzzing 16-year-old rapper KA$HDAMI unleashes the music video for his new single “Wake Up” with ssgkobe. Watch it HERE. The song remains a standout from his critically acclaimed red hot debut mixtape, Epiphany, and its expanded counterpart, Epiphany Reloaded.
After a quirky animated intro complete with an old school iPod, the clip springs to action. Kinetic and tripped out visuals of KA$HDAMI and ssgkobe speak to the frenetic energy of the song with power and psychedelic splendor.
Tracks from Epiphany have already generated over 30 million streams and counting, and Pitchfork observed, “The teen rapper’s dreamy yet dark mixtape leans into gruff flows and gun-toting punchlines with a wink.”
Upon arrival, Epiphany earned a Top 10 debut on Spotify, while multiple cuts lit up playlists such as Soundcloud’s New & Hot Overall and New & Hip Hop Charts. Not to mention, Cole Bennett, Internet Money, Lil Tecca, Trippie Redd, Yung Bans, and more have publicly endorsed KA$HDAMI. He also kept the momentum going with the recent music video for “Wake Up” [feat. ssgkobe].
Recently, Pigeons & Planes hailed him as one of the “Best New Artists” for May 2021, and he lives up to this high praise on the project. In addition to the recent single “Dior,” the tape includes the magnetically melodic standout “I Know” produced by none other than multiplatinum phenomenon Lil Tecca. Not to mention, ssgkobe dips into the undeniable “Wake Up.” YVNGXCHRIS trades bars with KA$HDAMI on “Fitness,” while BABYSANTANA pulls up with a rich cameo of his own on “Receipts.”
Epiphany includes KA$HDAMI’s recent single “Dior” and the viral banger “Look N The Mirror!”. The latter crashed the Top 20 of the Spotify Viral Chart and Top 25 on the Rolling Stone Breakthrough 25 Chart, while Pitchfork proclaimed, “Must Hear Rap Song of the Day.” It has already racked more than 20 million total streams.
With bold bars and electrifying flows, KA$HDAMI initially set TikTok on fire with “Kappin Up.” At just 12-years-old, he accumulated traction on Soundcloud as part of the “hvmor” rap collective. As he took off online solo, he served up the independent projects #KashDontMiss and 16.
Hip-hop will have an Epiphany about KA$HDAMI’s greatness in 2021.
- VanJess Announce Deluxe Edition of ‘Homegrown’ EP Out September 17 via Keep Cool/RCA Records
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- THE ROOTS’ BLACK THOUGHT ANNOUNCES UPCOMING EP STREAMS OF THOUGHT, VOL. 3: CANE AND ABEL SET TO RELEASE JULY 31ST
- BREAK-OUT UK ARTIST GRIFF RELEASES NEW SONG AND VIDEO “GOOD STUFF”
- JORDY releases new single + video “If He’s In Your Bed”
- HARRY STYLES TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ADORE YOU” DECEMBER 6TH
- KAILEE MORGUE RETURNS WITH NEW SINGLE “KNEW YOU”
- KKOB-FM Moves Winning Legacy Into the Future as 93-3 The Q, Albuquerque’s #1 Hit Music Station
- FRENCH MONTANA RELEASES “50S & 100S” VIDEO FT. JUICY J
- Netflix’s Bird Box Reached 32% of online Americans