How important is music publishing?
Well, in 2017 consumer spending on music generated more than $20 billion but music businesses, including labels and publishers, took almost $10 billion, while artists received just $5.1 billion and most of the artist revenue came from touring. Let us also not forget that in 2016 Sony bought the 50% hold the Michael Jackson estate had on Sony/ATV publishing for $750 million. Long story short, there is a lot of money to be made in music publishing which is why new artists really need to understand how music publishing works. While everyone in the business to make money, there are still a few sites that offer some valuable information to help aspiring music makers reach their fullest potential when it comes to making music and getting the most of of their music publishing. All you novices should check out these ten resources.
Click the link below for next resource
- BENEE UNVEILS OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “NIGHT GARDEN” FEAT. KENNY BEATS & BAKAR
- The Boomtown Rats Release “Trash Glam Baby”, the first single off upcoming 3/13/20 album, Citizens of Boomtown
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR
- ASHNIKKO UNLEASHES ALIEN-COWGIRL INSPIRED VIDEO FOR “WORKING BITCH”
- iHeartMedia Indianapolis announced today that Mike Killabrew will return as the Senior Vice President of Programming
- SCOREY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “LOVE LETTER”
- VILDHJARTA ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM MÅSSTADEN UNDER VATTEN
- MULTIPLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST AND PRODUCER RUSS ANNOUNCES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE SET FOR RELEASE JANUARY 31
- T9INE TAPS LIL DURK FOR “MIND OF A REAL” REMIX – VIDEO OUT NOW
- keshi releases new song + music video “always”