How important is music publishing?
Well, in 2017 consumer spending on music generated more than $20 billion but music businesses, including labels and publishers, took almost $10 billion, while artists received just $5.1 billion and most of the artist revenue came from touring. Let us also not forget that in 2016 Sony bought the 50% hold the Michael Jackson estate had on Sony/ATV publishing for $750 million. Long story short, there is a lot of money to be made in music publishing which is why new artists really need to understand how music publishing works. While everyone in the business to make money, there are still a few sites that offer some valuable information to help aspiring music makers reach their fullest potential when it comes to making music and getting the most of of their music publishing. All you novices should check out these ten resources.
Click the link below for next resource
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com
- WATCH CAMILA CABELLO’S APPLE MUSIC “NEW MUSIC DAILY PRESENTS” LIVE PERFORMANCE
- BREAK-OUT UK ARTIST GRIFF RELEASES NEW SONG AND VIDEO “GOOD STUFF”
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”
- JP COOPER RELEASES VIDEO FOR ‘THE REASON WHY’ FT. STEFFLON DON AND BANX & RANX
- SWEDISH ARTIST ELINA DEBUTS NEW SINGLE “ANOTHER ROUND
- iHeartMedia Indianapolis announced today that Mike Killabrew will return as the Senior Vice President of Programming
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- The Head and The Heart Announces North American Spring Tour, Releases ‘Honeybee’ Official Video
- ALANIS MORISSETTE ANNOUNCES 2020 TOUR CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF JAGGED LITTLE PILL