Today, two-time JUNO Award-nominated critically acclaimed breakout star Ryland James returns with a vulnerable, vibrant, and vital new single entitled “3 Purple Hearts.” Listen to “3 Purple Hearts”—HERE via 21 Entertainment / Republic Records / EMI and Universal Music Canada.
Ryland made headlines when he publicly came out in an honest and heartfelt letter on his Instagram earlier this year. The new song reflects the same level of candor as he authentically discusses his current relationship over delicately plucked acoustic guitar. Through a show-stopping vocal performance, the theme becomes embodied in the refrain, “Tell me that what we have scares you, I’d be lying if I told you that I wasn’t scared too.”
Of the single, he shared, “‘3 Purple Hearts’ is the most personal song I’ve ever written about my love life. Early last year, my boyfriend-to-be commented three purple heart emojis on one of my Instagram pictures. I noticed it and somehow immediately knew he was someone special. We started chatting and eventually met in Toronto one beautiful June evening. We fell in love really quickly and spent almost all of our time together over the summer. Due to circumstances brought on by the pandemic, he had to move home to Thunder Bay at the end of that summer, so we did long-distance during the fall and winter. It was one of the most difficult growth periods of my life, but I’ve never experienced anything so rewarding or fulfilling. This song is me telling the story of how we met and how I was honestly feeling about everything in our relationship back when he had to leave for that first scary time.”
This week, he promoted the release with a series of international media appearances. Last night, he served up the television debut performance of “3 Purple Hearts” on the Marilyn Denis Show in Canada, and today he will be performing a three-song acoustic set on the special pride MTV Jam Sessions IG Live.
Most importantly, it paves the way for more music to come from Ryland James soon.
With a new single and a new year, Ryland is ready to top the banner year he had in 2020. He amplified his voice worldwide with the release of his self-titled debut EP, Ryland James. In addition to peaking at #1 on Shazam Canada’s Top 200 Chart, the lead single “In My Head” recently picked up a platinum certification in Canada, while his catalog eclipsed over 700 million global streams in a little over a year’s time. In 2019, he performed in venues across North America supporting multi-platinum star Alessia Cara and bringing crowds to their feet on a nightly basis.
- Jack Kays Releases Acoustic EP voice memos
- Owen Releases Debut Track + Music Video for “Baby Girl”
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR
- Abramorama Partners Two Recording Giants to Release “Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church”
- R&B/HIP-HOP TRIO YOUR GRANDPARENTS RELEASE GENRE-BLENDING DEBUT ALBUM THRU MY WINDOW
- ISAIAH RASHAD ANNOUNCES THE HOUSE IS BURNING ALBUM OUT JULY 30TH ON TOP DAWG ENTERTAINMENT / WARNER RECORDS
- SHEPPARD FIND INSPIRATION IN ‘LA LA LAND’ ON NEW SINGLE ‘SYMPHONY’
- AMINÉ RELEASES NEW SINGLE: “RIRI”
- Bakar and Lancey Foux Share “Play” Music Video, New Bakar Album Due 2021
- DOVE CAMERON UNVEILS UNAPOLOGETICALLY LIBERATED NEW DISCO POP SINGLE “LAZYBABY”