After penning a chart-dominating smash and gaining international acclaim from W Magazine, i-D, GQ Australia, and many more, Australia-born singer, songwriter, and model Trè Samuels unveils a new single and music video entitled “Magic Stick” today.
Following his recent signing to Warner Records, it marks his official debut for the label. Listen to “Magic Stick”HERE and watch the music video HERE.
It’s easy to see why Trè’s sound and style have been compared to Usher and Chris Brown. On “Magic Stick,” the track glides on a slick throwback beat as Trè’s smooth and simmering vocals instantly take hold. Intimate verses give way to an undeniable refrain, “Don’t try to knock it before you try it.”
In the accompanying cinematic visual, he meets a girl at a bar as magic literally flows through the air. Tension builds and romance unfolds during a sensual dance between potential lovers.
“Magic Stick” started off as a bit of fun in the studio, as the trap 808’s/kicks were the first layer created. But as soon as the chords were laid on top, it gave it a smooth R&B feel. It only felt right to turn it into a summer anthem. A song where I’m spitting game to a girl. Just an uptempo feel good song” Most importantly, it paves the way for his much-awaited 2022 EP—coming very soon.
Trè consistently asserts himself as a modern renaissance man. He introduced a showstopping signature style as an artist via independent projects such as Lost In Translation EP and Raspberry Wine EP, piling up millions of streams in the process. As a model, he fronted massive campaigns for the likes of Dior, Tom Ford, Coach, and Gap in addition to lighting up the runway for shows from Prada and Rihanna’s Fenty x Puma. 2020 saw him co-write “Go Crazy” by Chris Brown and Young Thug.
It went triple-platinum and won “R&B Song of the Year” at the iHeartRadio Music Awards, soared to the Top 3 of the Billboard Hot 100, and smashed the record or “longest stretch atop Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay Chart.”
- UK RAPPER RUSS MILLIONS UNLEASHES NEW BILINGUAL SUMMER BANGER “BIG SHARK”
- STALKING GIA RELEASES NEW ANTHEMIC SINGLE “THE KINDEST THING”
- INTERNATIONAL DJ AND PRODUCER REGARD GOES #1 AT DANCE RADIO WITH “RIDE IT”
- WALK OFF THE EARTH AND AMAZON MUSIC HOST EXCLUSIVE LIVESTREAM PERFORMANCE ATOP TORONTO’S ICONIC CN TOWER
- DIANA GORDON SHARES ARTISTIC NEW VISUAL FOR “ONCE A FRIEND”
- THE KID LAROI GOES HEAD TO HEAD WITH HIS DEMONS IN STIRRING NEW MUSIC VIDEO “I WISH”
- LANCEY FOUX RELEASES NEW SINGLE“COOLER THAN ME”
- R&B RISING STAR DARIUS JAMES’ 8-TRACK EP ‘LIFE AS WE KNOW IT,’ OUT FRIDAY
- Atlanta Radio Host Jade Novah’s New PETA Ad Says, ‘Live in Color—Go Vegan for Life
- BABY TATE KICKS OFF WARNER RECORDS SIGNING WITH PROUD AND PETTY NEW SINGLE “PEDI”