Today, dark pop provocateur Sub Urban unleashes his otherworldly, immersive debut album HIVE via Warner Records accompanied by a new video for “Bandit.” Listen HERE. Written and produced entirely by Sub Urban, the album is an intricately arranged vaudevillian thriller.
Across 10 tracks, he pairs dream-like production with daringly honest revelations about the world and the complexities within himself.
An exceptionally strong body of work from a rare creative visionary, HIVE‘s multi-layered palette was introduced through four vibrant singles. Sub Urban’s expansive mind is on full display on “BANDIT,” the album’s flamenco-guitar-laden second track with an ominous undertone which will have an official video arriving next week Monday, June 6th.
The HIVE era kicked off last summer with “INFERNO” featuring Bella Poarch. That was closely followed by November’s “PARAMOUR,” a poignant perspective on lust and shame, featuring AURORA. Sub Urban then teamed with BENEE for April’s surreal “UH OH,” while “CANDYMAN” arrived in May and set the stage for the album amassing over 25 million video views.
Every single thus far has received the video treatment — and every music video is a cinematic event in its own right for Sub Urban’s 5.17 million YouTube subscribers. Furthermore, the singer-songwriter boasts nearly 4 million TikTok followers and more than 1.5 billion total audio streams; averaging over 10 million audio streams per week since last November.
Sub Urban has demanded attention since his Platinum-certified 2019 single “Cradles” hit No. 1 on U.S. alternative radio. Eye-popping numbers are backed by universal praise from such respected publications as Alt Press, Billboard, PAPER, FLAUNT, Genius, MTV, Variety and more.
The momentum will only grow stronger with HIVE, which heralds the arrival of an exciting new voice and visual pioneer.
1. VIRGIL’S MANIA
3. PARAMOUR” (feat. AURORA)
4. UH OH (feat. BENEE)
6. WHITEWALL (feat. WHOKILLEDXIX)
8. INFERNO (feat. Bella Poarch)
9. RABBIT HOLE10. HEDON
SUB URBAN TOUR DATES WITH AURORA:
6/4: New York, NY (Capital One City Parks Foundation)
6/5: Washington, DC (Lincoln Theatre)
- LANCEY FOUX RELEASES NEW SINGLE“COOLER THAN ME”
- R&B RISING STAR DARIUS JAMES’ 8-TRACK EP ‘LIFE AS WE KNOW IT,’ OUT FRIDAY
- THE KID LAROI GOES HEAD TO HEAD WITH HIS DEMONS IN STIRRING NEW MUSIC VIDEO “I WISH”
- UK RAPPER RUSS MILLIONS UNLEASHES NEW BILINGUAL SUMMER BANGER “BIG SHARK”
- INTERNATIONAL DJ AND PRODUCER REGARD GOES #1 AT DANCE RADIO WITH “RIDE IT”
- STALKING GIA RELEASES NEW ANTHEMIC SINGLE “THE KINDEST THING”
- WALK OFF THE EARTH AND AMAZON MUSIC HOST EXCLUSIVE LIVESTREAM PERFORMANCE ATOP TORONTO’S ICONIC CN TOWER
- 3X GRAMMY-NOMINATED DUO, GREY AND SOFIA CARSON RELEASE NEW VIDEO FOR “GREY AREA”
- DIANA GORDON SHARES ARTISTIC NEW VISUAL FOR “ONCE A FRIEND”
- James Brown ‘Get On The Good Foot’ 2LP Vinyl Edition to be Released June 21