Today, breakout singer, songwriter, and producer Sub Urban returns with new single “CANDYMAN,” a dynamic alt-pop anthem with a dark twist. Listen HERE via Warner Records. The fourth pre-release single from the 22-year-old’s forthcoming HIVE album (due June 3) explores consumerism and greed. Pre-save Sub Urban’s hotly-anticipated debut LP HERE.
The inventive production style maintains its unique duality. “CANDYMAN” begins with bells and whistles before shifting into a shadowy, vaudevillian tone. Regarding the inspiration behind the track, Sub Urban shared, “CANDYMAN is a hysterical sugarcoated anthem describing a capitalistic dogging rage within us all and the torment we subject ourselves to by being born.”
“CANDYMAN” follows April’s hypnotic “UH OH” featuring BENEE. The accompanying music video, which has amassed more than 14 million views so far, emphasizes Sub Urban’s multi-disciplined artistry including a penchant for acting. It’s the kind of striking vision that makes each and every new video an event.
Sub Urban’s HIVE era officially began in 2021 with “INFERNO” featuring frequent collaborator Bella Poarch, and the AURORA-assisted “PARAMOUR.” When you factor in “UH OH,” songs from the album have netted more than 300 million global streams. With more than 5 million YouTube subscribers and 3.9 million TikTok followers, Sub Urban has leveraged social media success into alt-pop stardom as evidenced by co-signs by Alt Press, Billboard, PAPER, FLAUNT, Genius, MTV, Variety and more.
On Sunday, Sub Urban kicks off The Gods We Can Touch North American Tour with AURORA.
Tickets can be purchased HERE. With songs like “CANDYMAN” on the setlist, it’s sure to be one of the spring’s hottest tickets.
SUB URBAN TOUR DATES WITH AURORA
5/15: Seattle, WA (Showbox Sodo)
5/17: Francisco, CA (The Warfield)
5/19: Los Angeles, CA (The Greek Theatre)
5/20: San Diego, CA (The Observatory North Park)
5/21: Las Vegas, NV (Brooklyn Bowl at Linq Promenade)
5/23: Englewood, CO (Gothic Theatre)
5/27: Chicago, IL (The Vic Theatre)
5/28:Detroit, MI (Majestic Theatre)
5/29: Toronto, ON (History)
5/31: Montreal, QC (MTELUS)
6/1: Boston, MA (Roadrunner)
6/2: Philadelphia, PA (Union Transfer)
6/4: New York, NY (Capital One City Parks Foundation)
6/5: Washington, DC (Lincoln Theatre)
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- DDG & GUNNA Share “ELON MUSK” Music Video + DDG Blasts Off To Space!!
- THE ROOTS’ BLACK THOUGHT ANNOUNCES UPCOMING EP STREAMS OF THOUGHT, VOL. 3: CANE AND ABEL SET TO RELEASE JULY 31ST
- JORDY releases new single + video “If He’s In Your Bed”
- HARRY STYLES TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ADORE YOU” DECEMBER 6TH
- KKOB-FM Moves Winning Legacy Into the Future as 93-3 The Q, Albuquerque’s #1 Hit Music Station
- NICKI MINAJ RETURNS WITH “YIKES”
- Adeline: ADI OASIS EP + Exclusive Interview
- SU’LAN RECRUITS CAPELLA GREY FOR FRESH NEW R&B-TINGED SINGLE “WHEN I CALL YOU”
- GEARING UP FOR THEIR BIGGEST YEAR YET,ALT-POP DUO BAHARI RELEASE NEW SINGLE “HOT MESS” FEATURING YOSHI FLOWER