Today, Sony Music Publishing (“SMP”) Latin and its songwriters received top honors at ASCAP’s 29th Annual Latin Music Awards, which were held virtually to celebrate the songwriters and publishers of the previous year’s most-performed songs.
Sony Music Publishing has won ASCAP’s Latin 2021 Publisher of the Year Award with 26 top-performing songs, marking its 17th ASCAP Latin Publisher of the Year award in the past 19 years. In addition, Daddy Yankee won the coveted Songwriter of the Year award, and Keityn and Juan Camilo Vargas received the Song of the Year honor for the hit “Tusa,” performed by Karol G and Nicki Minaj.
Jorge Mejia, Sony Music Publishing President & CEO, Latin America and U.S. Latin stated, “I am very grateful to ASCAP for this award, and of course to the outstanding Sony Music Publishing Latin team, who so deftly move the SMP Latin effort forward! Mostly, though, I am grateful to our songwriters, for adapting to a new reality and continuing to write great songs during an especially fraught year. We are thrilled to celebrate our songwriters and their many achievements, and can’t wait to see what’s next!”
The company and its songwriters took home awards for popular hits like “Hawái” by Maluma and co-written by Ily Wonder, Juan Camilo Vargas, and Keityn; “La Toxica” by Farruko, co-written with Andy Bauza, Farruko, Franklin Martinez, and Sharo Towers; “La Jeepeta” Remix by Nio Garcia, co-written by Brray and Mike Towers; “Tutu” Remix by Camilo, Shakira, and Pedro Capo, co-written by Camilo and Richi Lopez; “Que Tire Pa’ Lante” by Daddy Yankee; “La Santa” by Bad Bunny and Daddy Yankee, and many more.
Sony Music Publishing songwriter honorees include Andy Bauza, Brray, Camilo, Daddy Yankee, Daniel Rondon (Honeyboos), Danny Ocean, Edgar Semper (Mambo Kingz), Elena Rose, Farruko, Franklin Martinez, Ily Wonder, Juan Camilo Vargas, Julio Ramirez, Keityn, Jose Luis Roma, Jowell & Randy, Marc Anthony, Myke Towers, Nino Karlo Segarra, Rafa Rodriguez (Honeyboos), Rafael Pina, Ricardo Arjona, Richi Lopez, Sharo Towers, and Xavier Semper (Mambo Kingz).
For the complete list of awards, visit ASCAP’s 2021 Latin Music Awards page here.
- PICTURE THIS RELEASE NEW SINGLE “WINONA RYDER” TODAY
- #MakeChangeSeries at Salesforce Music Lodge Concludes With Intimate Conversation And Performance From Preservation Hall Jazz Band Featuring Arcade Fire’s Win Butler and Régine Chassagne
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- J HUS SCORES NUMBER 1 ALBUM IN THE UK WITH HIS SOPHOMORE ALBUM BIG CONSPIRACY
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- CHELSEA CUTLER ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM HOW TO BE HUMAN PREMIERES VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “LUCKY” FEAT. ALEXANDER 23
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- RUSS RELEASES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM ‘SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE’