Snoop Dogg is set to be honored for his songwriting and activism at the 15th annual Songs of Hope event.
The artist will receive the Sony/ATV Music Publishing Social Leadership Award at the event, which will be held on September 19 in Los Angeles. In addition to his own music and movies, as well as his community work, Snoop is being recognized for his advocacy for songwriters’ rights and serving as a mentor for rising executives and songwriters. Sony/ATV chairman and CEO Jon Platt, the 2018 Spirit of Life honoree, will present Snoop with the honor.
In addition to Snoop’s award, other presenters and nominees include:
- Clive Davis Legend in Songwriting Award, presented by Clive Davis to producer Boi-1da and songwriter Diane Warren
- Electronic Arts Composer of the Year Award presented by Steve Schnur to Marc Shaiman
- The Universal Music Publishing Group “She Is The Music” Award presented by UMPG chairman and CEO Jody Gerson to Tierra Whack
- Songs of Hope Beverly and Ben Horowitz Legacy Award presented to Linda Malkas, Ph.D.
- The Facebook Songwriter Impact Award presented to Hayley Kiyoko
- The Warner Chappell Music Beacon of Excellence Award presented to The Dream
Legendary producer and songwriter Jimmy Jam will serve as master of ceremonies.
Each year, Songs of Hope honors songwriters and composers, with live music and a silent auction. The event brings together over 300 music industry celebrities and professionals and, to date, has raised over $4.1 million for City of Hope Cancer Treatment and Research Center. A portion of funds raised at the 15th annual Songs of Hope will support the work of Beverly and Ben Horowitz Legacy Award recipients Saul Priceman, Ph.D., Stephen J. Forman, M.D., the Francis & Kathleen McNamara Distinguished Chair in Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, and Linda Malkas, Ph.D., the M.T. & B.A. Ahmadinia Professor in Molecular Oncology.