SKIP MARLEY & H.E.R. PERFORM + INTERVIEW ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA
Skip Marley alongside multi-platinum Grammy© Award-winning artist H.E.R. join Good Morning America’s Summer Concert Series with a powerful performance of their #1 global smash “Slow Down,” followed by an inspirational medley during a time when so much change and inspiration is needed. Reaching from within his family’s legendary catalogue, Skip covers two songs by his iconic late grandfather, Bob Marley – “Turn Your Lights Down Low” and the revolutionary anthem “Get Up, Stand Up.” To this day, Bob Marley’s music still functions as a universal call for political activism.
Just weeks ago, “Slow Down,” with over 50 million global streams, became the quickest-streaming song in Marley Family history catapulting Skip to well over 165 million global artist streams. At the same time, Skip became the first Jamaican-born lead artist to hit #1 on the Billboard Adult R&B chart and first inside the Top 15 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart in nearly a decade and a half (since Sean Paul and Keyshia Cole in 2006, “When You Gonna Give it Up to Me”).
The success of “Slow Down” underpins Island’s continuing 75th anniversary celebration of the birth and life of music legend Bob Marley, foundational icon in the reggae, roots rock, soul, and hip-hop saga, and Skip’s beloved grandfather. With nearly 12 million YouTube views, the “Slow Down” video (shot on location in Harlem, NY) captures the amazing chemistry between Skip and ten-time nominated, two-time 2019 Grammy©-winner H.E.R. They have performed the song live several times, including the television debut on Fallon, and a show-stopping performance at the 2020 NAACP Image Awards in February.
“Slow Down,” “Slow Down (Acoustic),” and “Slow Down (Remix)” are the latest salvos from Skip, whose string of releases since last year includes “That’s Not True,” a collabo featuring Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley(his uncle); “Enemy”; “Can’t Take it From Me” featuring Major Lazer. Skip has earned critical acclaim from Rolling Stone, Fader, Hypebeast, Vibe, and others. Most recently during the quarantine, Skip performed acoustic sets launching Essence’s Music Monday series, Billboard Live, Global Citizen & World Health Organization and MusiCares. Stay tuned to Skip’s socials for more news and announcements as he prepares to release his much anticipated project in August.
- PICTURE THIS RELEASE NEW SINGLE “WINONA RYDER” TODAY
- CHELSEA CUTLER ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM HOW TO BE HUMAN PREMIERES VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “LUCKY” FEAT. ALEXANDER 23
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- RUSS RELEASES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM ‘SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE’
- DJ REGARD RELEASES OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR “SECRETS” FEAT. RAYE
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”
- #MakeChangeSeries at Salesforce Music Lodge Concludes With Intimate Conversation And Performance From Preservation Hall Jazz Band Featuring Arcade Fire’s Win Butler and Régine Chassagne
- J HUS SCORES NUMBER 1 ALBUM IN THE UK WITH HIS SOPHOMORE ALBUM BIG CONSPIRACY
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings