Artist to watch SixSaidIt has returned and she’s taking absolutely no prisoners. Today, the British-Nigerian rapper shares her confident Afropop-infused new single “Choosey” available to stream on all digital platforms now via This Land Records, a division of Sony Music – LISTEN HERE.
The Los Angeles-based, genre flexible artist is gearing up to release her debut full-length album, Outside II, due out this fall. The multi-genre record includes the previously released singles “Little Bit” and “Lagos is Burning (Mirror Mirror)” and is a sequel to Six’s debut EP, Outside, issued in 2020.
Speaking on her bold new single, Six shares, “‘Choosey’ is a song that speaks to everyone’s universal need–options! It’s heavily inspired by Petey Pablo’s ‘Freek-a-Leek’ but with a UK AfroBop twist full of different pop culture references from the UK, America, and Nigeria.”
On her forthcoming album, she adds, “‘Outside II’ is a sequel to my first EP ‘Outside’ where I introduced listeners to different sounds influenced by my hometowns. While ‘Outside’ was an introduction to Six as an artist that likes to explore, ‘Outside II’ solidifies my stance as a genre flexible rapper that is unafraid to push the boundaries of hip-hop.”
SixSaidIt is a Los Angeles-based British-Nigerian rapper born and raised in the UK with roots in Atlanta and New York City. Because of her cosmopolitan background, Six presents a fresh take on global hip-hop by including her varying cultural influences in her music. Since embarking on her music career in December of 2019, she’s been committed to showcasing this diversity by allowing her music to scribble outside of the lines.
Six’s approach to hip-hop has built a diverse following by luring listeners in with what seems to be familiar and then capturing them with the discovery of sub-genres they may have not been exposed to before. Six identifies herself as a (h)it girl because her music and her image appeal and influence the masses.
Stream SixSaidIt’s new single “Choosey” HERE available on all digital platforms now.
Listen to “Choosey”
- MALLORY MERK RELEASES REFLECTIVE EP THORNS
- CLINTON KANE SHARES TWO NEW SONGS “hopeless” & “forget about us”
- RISING RAPPER 1NONLY IS FEELING LIKE “LIU KANG” ON NEW SINGLE
- UPSAHL CREATES COLORFUL CHAOS IN REBELLIOUS “SMILE FOR THE CAMERA” MUSIC VIDEO
- ASHNIKKO UNLEASHES ALIEN-COWGIRL INSPIRED VIDEO FOR “WORKING BITCH”
- Halsey Releases New Single “Graveyard” And Announces Next Album ‘MANIC’ Out January 17, 2020
- Sir Woman (Kelsey Wilson of Wild Child, Glorietta) Releases New Single “Speak”// Touring as Sir Woman and Wild Child Throughout December
- LIL PEEP’S NEW ALBUM “EVERYBODY’S EVERYTHING” OUT TODAY
- K-Pop Phenoms Twice Announce First Ever U.S. Dates as Part of Their ‘Twice World Tour 2019’
- GRAMMY® AWARD-NOMINATED SINGER, SONGWRITER AND PRODUCER LONR RELEASES NEW SINGLE “SAFE ZONE”