SENA KANA SKYROCKETS TO GOLD WITH “UP”
“The enchanting songstress teamed with Sheppard and Wiz Khalifa for ‘Up,’ a mesmerizing and energizing anthem that showcases the subtle strength of Sena’s silky, seductive vocals. With a Gold record, and a new year (with the promise of new music), there’s no limit on Sena’s success. She’s just going to continue to go up, and up, and up!”
“Up” has turned out to be the perfect name for Sena Kana’s history-making debut single.
The Tokyo-born singer, songstress and multi-instrumentalist officially released “Up” in March, and since then, the song has shot up the charts, making Sena Kana the first female Japanese artist to reach Gold status since the legendary Yoko Ono.
Produced by Lindsey Jackson with Katalyst, “Up” has amassed over 85 million streams in the U.S, while the video has well over 53 million views and counting. Across the country, dance radio stations – like WCPY in Chicago and WXFL in Miami – have fallen in love with both Sena Kana and her music. Even the song’s remix has been climbing the Billboard dance charts.
“Up” is an infectious, piano-driven track featuring rapper, Wiz Khalifa, and Australian indie pop band, Sheppard. With hints of pop, hip-hop, and electronica, the song also finds Sena Kana breaking boundaries between styles, while delivering an uplifting message: “Nothing’s gonna bring us down. We’re going up, up and up and up.”
Kana’s passion for music began at an early age, when she was drawn to the songs and stories in musicals like Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music. Despite the language barriers, she was transfixed by the stories and sounds. Inspired and invigorated, she spent her school days deeply involved in both music and the stage.
Giving others peace and joy through song was the motivation for Kana to further pursue her dreams. At a music academy, she majored in vocal music, where she studied classic fundamental music techniques and learned songs such as Mozart’s “Don Giovanni” and “The Marriage of Figaro.”
Kana continues to hone her craft by diving into new sounds and new melodies, while remaining open to taking new directions. With the release of “Up,” it’s clear that she is headed in the direction that the song’s name implies.
“I just hope that my music makes each and every person listening feel a sense of warmth,” shares Kana. “I’m most energized when I know my songs are bringing people joy.”
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- keshi releases new ep “bandaids”
- KIRK FRANKLIN AND LE’ANDRIA JOHNSON MAKE BIG SPLASHES AT 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- EMERGING ARTIST RINI SHARES NEW VIDEO FOR “MY FAVOURITE CLOTHES”
- FLORA CASH SHARE VIDEO FOR SONG “SOUL MATE”
- DOVE CAMERON UNVEILS UNAPOLOGETICALLY LIBERATED NEW DISCO POP SINGLE “LAZYBABY”
- JOYNER LUCAS RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR “LEGEND (FEAT. RICK ROSS)
- THE KID LAROI RELEASES HIS ANTICIPATED NEW SINGLE “ADDISON RAE”
- TRISTEN RELEASES SECOND SONG FROM FIRST ALBUM IN FOUR YEARS
- TOMORROW X TOGETHER Release Official Music Video for next track “Magic Island”