ROSALÍA’s “El Mal Querer” Wins Album Of The Year And Is The Top-Winning Release At The 2019 LATIN GRAMMY AWARDS
Last night at the 20th Anniversary Latin Grammy Awards, ground-breaking young flamenco and modern music fusionist Rosalía took home Album of the Year and Best Pop Contemporary Album for her innovative “El Mal Querer” album and Best Urban Song for “Con Altura” with J Balvin and El Guincho. The album also saw additional wins this year for Best Engineered Album and Best Recording Package – adding to its Latin Grammy tally that began with Rosalía’s own Best Urban Fusion/Performance and Best Alternative Song awards last year recognizing the critically-praised advance single “Malamente.” Now, the album that began as Rosalía’s own musical graduate thesis is the Latin Grammy’s first Album of the Year winner in 13 years from a solo female performer.
“Rosalía wins big as the Latin Grammys celebrate 20 years of the genre’s evolution… Spanish artist Rosalía took the Latin Grammys by storm Thursday night… Between her wins and her medley performance of ‘Con Altura’ and ‘A Palé,’ Rosalía proved once again that she embodies the perfect marriage between the past and the present, organically blending both traditional sounds like flamenco and classical music with mainstream sounds such as pop, reggaeton and trap.” – NBC News
“Latin Grammys 2019: Rosalía makes history – Leading the pack of winners Thursday night was Spain’s Rosalía; the Flamenco-trap singer, songwriter and actress… [She also] had one of the night’s most compelling performances. Rosalía’s rise in music with strong vocals, uber creative visuals and a charming personality has captured a new generation of fans along with music industry veterans. With her album of the year win, she became the first woman since Shakira to break the category’s glass ceiling as a solo female artist.” – LA TIMES
“Rosalía’s El Mal Querer, an impressive fusion of old-school flamenco and hyper-modern electronic production, won Album of the Year at the Latin Grammy Awards… Rosalía’s win on Thursday puts her in the [overwhelmingly male] company of musical giants who have ruled Latin pop for decades.”- Rolling Stone
“Rosalia, the breakout Latin music star of 2019, won the all-important Album of the year award and Best contemporary pop vocal album for El Mal Querer, and Best Urban song for Con Altura. El Mal Querer also won best engineered album and best recording package, translating to five wins for Rosalía… She [also] took fierceness to the stage… with her epic urban-flamenco medley performance” – Billboard
- KIRK FRANKLIN AND LE’ANDRIA JOHNSON MAKE BIG SPLASHES AT 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- PLATINUM-SELLING RAPPER BLUEFACE RELEASES NEW SINGLE & VIDEO FOR “CHOSE ME” FEATURING RISING LA SENSATION BLXST
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- T9INE TAPS LIL DURK FOR “MIND OF A REAL” REMIX – VIDEO OUT NOW
- Halsey Releases New Single “Graveyard” And Announces Next Album ‘MANIC’ Out January 17, 2020
- Lil Loaded Releases New Music Video For “Link Up” Featuring Pooh Shiesty!
- KANYE WEST PRESENTS THE DONDA ALBUM RELEASE
- Halsey Celebrates Her Birthday, Sharing New Album Track And Video, “clementine”
- otta Shares Video For “just like the rain” Songbook EP Out Today
- STUNNA GIRL RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR NEW SINGLE “10 TIMES”