Rosalía Unveils New Song & Video Today With the Release Of “A PALE”
Widely hailed over the course of the last year as one of the most exciting new artists in the world, Rosalía has continued to share frequent new music releases that combine her strong roots in Spanish flamenco and love of contemporary global rhythms, to create a distinctive musical style often accompanied by dynamic visual presentations. Today, in conjunction with this week’s one-year anniversary of her landmark “El Mal Querer” album, Rosalía is again delighting fans with the release of her new song and video “A Pale”.
Once again co-produced by the creative trio of Rosalía, El Guincho and Frank Dukes, “A Pale” literally takes its name from the nearly ubiquitous wooden shipping pallets Rosalía was surrounded by for years growing up in an area outside Barcelona dominated by trucking industry. But the spirit of the song centers around “Doing it big” –our ability to be strong and carry a lot of weight.
Directed by Jora Frantzis, the “A Pale” music video continues Rosalia’s trademark of industrial trucking imagery, with more of her video hallmarks such as an empowering female lead, precise choreography, gold accents and other forward thinking fashion.
The release of “A Pale” follows the continued recent success of Rosalía’s previous single “Con Altura” with Reggaeton superstar J Balvin, featuring El Guincho. “Con Altura” was recently certified RIAA Gold in the US and crossed into the monumental “one billion view club” at YouTube – solidifying the clip as the platform’s most-viewed female fronted video for all of 2019.
This past week saw Rosalía accept the MTV EMA “Best Collaboration” award for “Con Altura,” while also garnering global praise for her “Mesmerizing, Show-Stealing” EMA medley performance of “Pienso En Tu Mirá’, “Di Mi Nombre’ and Parrita’s “Cositas Del Ayer” – accompanied by over 50 choreographed Flamenco dancers.
Rosalía will next be seen performing at the Latin Grammys in Las Vegas on November 14th. Already a multiple Latin Gammy Award winner from her breakout song “Malamente”, Rosalía is once again nominated for five Latin Grammys, making her the most nominated female artist and second overall artist for the second consecutive year. Her nominations this year include Album Of The Year and Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album for “El Mal Querer”, Record Of The Year for “Aute Couture”, Best Urban Song for “Con Altura’, and Best Pop Song for “Pienso en tu Mirá.”
- BENEE UNVEILS OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “NIGHT GARDEN” FEAT. KENNY BEATS & BAKAR
- The Boomtown Rats Release “Trash Glam Baby”, the first single off upcoming 3/13/20 album, Citizens of Boomtown
- ASHNIKKO UNLEASHES ALIEN-COWGIRL INSPIRED VIDEO FOR “WORKING BITCH”
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR
- iHeartMedia Indianapolis announced today that Mike Killabrew will return as the Senior Vice President of Programming
- SCOREY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “LOVE LETTER”
- MULTIPLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST AND PRODUCER RUSS ANNOUNCES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE SET FOR RELEASE JANUARY 31
- T9INE TAPS LIL DURK FOR “MIND OF A REAL” REMIX – VIDEO OUT NOW
- keshi releases new song + music video “always”
- BMI’S KNOW THEM NOW – THANK YOU FOR HIP HOP SHOWCASING SOME OF NEW YORK’S FINEST TALENT