RISING ARTIST, COMPOSER, AND PRODUCER SWIM MOUNTAIN RETURNS WITH NEW SINGLE “YOUTH”
Rising London-based artist, composer, and producer Swim Mountain – known for his “slick slice of psych, prog, and sunshine pop” (The Line of Best Fit) that fuses “a bewildering array of styles” (Clash Magazine) – returns today with the synth-infused single “Youth,” available now on all digital streaming platforms via Tourist’s Monday Records. CLICK HERE to listen to the self-penned track that Swim Mountain also produced. “Youth” is the first release off Swim Mountain’s forthcoming EP, If, due out in February 2020 and follows the success of his last breakout single “Wait for Me,” which has clocked 4 million streams to date on Spotify alone.
On his new single, Swim Mountain shares, “‘Youth’ is a reflection of the teen to adulthood transition – trying out what life has to offer until you’ve distilled yourself.”
This December, Swim Mountain will support fellow label mate and collaborator Tourist as well as experimental DJ and dance-music producer Matthew Dear on a 10-date U.S. tour hitting major markets including Chicago, Brooklyn, Austin, and Los Angeles. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.
When he’s not working on film scores in Hans Zimmer’s Los Angeles studio, London-based artist, composer, and producer Tom Skyrme is making music as Swim Mountain. His self-titled debut EP released in 2014 brought us washed layers of evocative guitars and vocal harmonies written under the hazy LA sun and led The Guardian to note that “six tracks just [didn’t] seem enough.”
Skyrme’s 2017 EP Anyone, written and recorded from his studio in East London, cemented him as one of London’s most captivating and fresh new promising talents. The EP experiments with ’60s guitar riffs, crooning psychedelic beats, and waves of nostalgic synths, and is about the complicated duality of relationships set against a backdrop of analogue synthesizers and punchy drum machines. Indie Accent called it a “wonderfully textured and innovative piece of music” and Stereofox described it as “indie-pop tinged, but with a bit of groovy/psychedelic-esque undertones.” Additionally, Swim Mountain was featured on Tourist’s popular single “Sleepwalking” in 2017.
Along with performing as Swim Mountain, Skyrme has film credits as a composer and audio designer (Money Monster, Rough Night, Fist Fight, and the forthcoming My Spy) and has worked extensively in Los Angeles including at Hans Zimmer’s studio.
Swim Mountain’s new single “Youth” is available now and stay tuned for his forthcoming EP, If, to be released on Tourist’s Monday Records in February 2020.
UPCOMING SWIM MOUNTAIN TOUR DATES
12/5 – Boston, MA – Brighton Music Hall*
12/6 – Chicago, IL – Chop Shop*
12/7 – Washington, D.C. – U Street Music Hall*
12/12 – Brooklyn, NY – Great Hall at Avant Gardner*
12/13 – Denver, CO – Globe Hall*
12/14 – Austin, TX – Parish*
12/16 – Portland, OR – Holocene*
12/19 – Seattle, WA – Neumos*
12/20 – San Francisco, CA – Mezzanine*
12/21 – Los Angeles, CA – Catch One*
- HARRY STYLES TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ADORE YOU” DECEMBER 6TH
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- DDG & GUNNA Share “ELON MUSK” Music Video + DDG Blasts Off To Space!!
- THE ROOTS’ BLACK THOUGHT ANNOUNCES UPCOMING EP STREAMS OF THOUGHT, VOL. 3: CANE AND ABEL SET TO RELEASE JULY 31ST
- Netflix’s Bird Box Reached 32% of online Americans
- ALLAN RAYMAN SHARES VIDEO FOR “ROAD WARRIOR”
- Owen Releases Debut Track + Music Video for “Baby Girl”
- Jazz Is Dead’s Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge Tap the Esteemed Brian Jackson for his First Full Album Released in 20 Years with Latest Jazz Is Dead Installment: Brian Jackson JID008
- POUTYFACE RELEASES NEW SINGLE “CHERRY PICKING” 🍒
- KKOB-FM Moves Winning Legacy Into the Future as 93-3 The Q, Albuquerque’s #1 Hit Music Station