After racking up nearly half-a-billion streams with his viral breakthrough hits “Mr Loverman” (feat Chloe Moriondo) and “Line Without A Hook” (feat. Mxmtoon), rising indie-pop singer/songwriter Ricky Montgomery starts a different kind of conversation altogether on his new single “Talk To You,” out today on Warner Records. It also stands out as his first proper new release for Warner and kicks off this next chapter!
As usual, Ricky slips a much deeper meaning into a handcrafted bop. About “Talk To You,” he shared, “The lyrics of the song present it as a relatively general “I miss you” type of track, which is easily interpreted as a breakup song. It’s actually inspired by the 10-year anniversary of my dad’s death and also my own self-sabotaging behavior isolating me from old friends in my life. The lyrics are meant to be general so that I can speak on multiple instances in my life of “wishing I could talk to” people from my past — but tell them all simultaneously.“
Embodying a truly personal vision, Ricky co-wrote, co-produced, penned the lyrics, and played guitar on the track, while his sister Mary Montgomery contributed background vocals. What better tribute to his dad? The song sways between a head-nodding guitar riff and bright piano as he confesses, “I wish I could talk to you, pull my chair right up there next to you…you’re in my head more than I want.” It culminates on a melodic solo before his vocals take hold again. Meanwhile, the visual brings these themes to life with a twist (of course!).
Next up, he hits the road this fall for a U.S. headline tour with support from Laufey and Peter McPoland. It kicks off November 18 at Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco, CA, visits major markets across the country, and concludes December 9 at The Troubadour in Los Angeles, CA. Check out the full confirmed itinerary below. Starting today, tickets are available HERE.
Stay tuned for more from Ricky Montgomery very soon
- Jack Kays Releases Acoustic EP voice memos
- Owen Releases Debut Track + Music Video for “Baby Girl”
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR
- KILLY SETS 2021 ABLAZE WITH NEW SINGLE “PYRO” OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
- keshi releases new track “more”
- Abramorama Partners Two Recording Giants to Release “Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church”
- Big Homie Ty.Ni Pops Off With Twerktastic Debut Single “Jelly”
- SHEPPARD FIND INSPIRATION IN ‘LA LA LAND’ ON NEW SINGLE ‘SYMPHONY’
- WARNER RECORDS AND AFFILIATED LABELS ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES IN CELEBRATION OF RECORD STORE DAY 2021
- AMINÉ RELEASES NEW SINGLE: “RIRI”