Featuring New Song/Video “Righteous” + Two Remixes “Still Royal” ft. Popcaan, Pa Salieu & Toddla T & “Still Blooming” ft. Lila Iké & IzyBeats
Today, Protoje’s perspective on his life’s most pivotal events expands with In Search of Lost Time: Deluxe. The influential Jamaican recording artist’s groundbreaking fifth studio opus makes an encore presentation this year repackaged with new artwork and three additional tracks.
“Still Blooming” (featuring Lila Iké & IzyBeats), “Still Royal” (featuring Popcaan, Pa Salieu & Toddla T) and “Righteous” continue the album’s narrative of introspection. Protoje’s latest release of music follows the 2020 launch of his first LP In Search of Lost Time for RCA Records in a partnership with his label and artist management company In.Digg.Nation Collective facilitated through Six Course Music.
Listen to In Search of Lost Time: Deluxe:
The conscious artist, dubbed a leader of the “reggae revival” movement, colored outside the lines for his cinematic, ethereal, multi-genre LP, which was released on August 28, 2020. Protoje’s In Search of Lost Time stays in rotation. He executive produced the entire project and co-produced five out of the thirteen original tracks.
Ziah, one of the album’s core beatsmiths, is at the helm on the brand new song “Righteous,” which is accompanied by a new visualizer today directed by Yannick Reid.
In the one-shot visual, Protoje jogs through a road in a mountainous area of Kingston, Jamaica, bursting his illustrious dexterity of lyrics to the camera. In signature Protoje fashion, his effortless stream of thought motivates the listener to echo the harmonious layers of each bar.
In addition to “Righteous,” Protoje freshens up the album with two remixes.
Protoje’s notable collaboration with Popcaan gets the UK’s royal treatment through Toddla T’s production and a new verse by rapper Pa Salieu on “Still Royal.”
The crown is big enough for all of the aforementioned talent to wear as they celebrate their accomplishments, from Protoje’s 2019 GRAMMY nomination, to Popcaan’s ascent to worldwide acclaim, to Gambia’s own Pa Salieu making noise on the UK music scene.
IzyBeats, the hit-making co-producer of Koffee’s “Toast” and Lila Iké’s “I Spy,” reunites with Protoje and Lila to spruce up “In Bloom.”
The result is “Still Blooming,” a more spacious mid-tempo remix where Lila Ike’s vulnerable tone whisks against a laid-back reggae-styled medley of guitar strumming; plus Protoje is in tandem as he matches not only Lila’s heart-felt sentiment, but also aligns with the nimble bounce of IzyBeats’ hypnotic bassline.
The animated visualizer brought new life to the original gem thanks to the creative minds of Joshua Solas, Acquille Dunkley and Yannick Reid.
- CONAN GRAY RELEASES VIDEO FOR NEW SINGLE “MANIAC” TODAY VIDEO CO-STARS JESSICA BARDEN (STAR OF NETFLIX’S END OF THE F***ING WORLD) THE COMFORT CROWD TOUR KICKS OFF NEXT WEEK
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- James TW Releases New Track, “Suitcase” From Upcoming Album, Chapters
- ALA.NI Releases New Single “BITCH”
- BENEE PREMIERES VIDEO FOR “BLU”
- Katy J Pearson Shares New Track “Hey You”
- keshi releases new track “blue,” out today via island records
- POP & R&B SENSATION ALI GATIE ANNOUNCES WORLD TOUR
- LITTLE HURT RELEASES NEW TRACK “IT’S OK NOT TO BE OK” AND ACCOMPANYING VIDEO TODAY
- ALANIS MORISSETTE ANNOUNCES 2020 TOUR CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF JAGGED LITTLE PILL