OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced it has ordered new episodes of its popular unscripted series on the network’s successful Saturday night lineup: “Ready to Love” and “Love & Marriage: Huntsville.” The announcement was made today by Tina Perry, president, OWN.
“These shows tackle the real deal when it comes to love, marriage and dating and have captivated audiences from the very beginning,” said Jon Sinclair, EVP, unscripted programming & development, OWN. “We are excited to see more of the passionate relationships and commitment to love explored in new episodes coming this fall.”
Record-breaking Hollywood producer Will Packer’s popular dating series “Ready to Love,” hosted by Thomas “Nephew Tommy” Miles, explores the real-life dating interactions of sexy, successful and grown Black men and women in their 30s and 40s who are each looking for lasting love and an authentic relationship. Over the course of its first cycle, the series’ Saturday average grew +78% in women 25-54 and +57% in total viewers, while driving OWN to be Saturday night’s #1 cable network among African-American women 25-54. “Ready to Love” is produced by Will Packer Media and Lighthearted Entertainment. Will Packer is executive producer. Will Packer Media’s Kelly Smith, Lighthearted’s Rob LaPlante and Jeff Spangler also executive produce along with Anthony Sylvester.
“Love & Marriage: Huntsville” follows the lives of three successful and powerful African-American couples in the thriving city of Huntsville, Alabama who are attempting to come together to help revitalize the region through their joint real estate venture, The Comeback Group. On average during its first cycle, “Love & Marriage: Huntsville” ranked #1 in its time period across all of cable among African-American women and total viewers. Over the course of its run, the series’ Saturday average grew +67% in women 25-54 and +73% in total viewers. “Love & Marriage: Huntsville” is produced by Kingdom Reign Entertainment for ITV America. Carlos King, Rob Cornick and Andrew Hoagland are executive producers.
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- Bakar and Lancey Foux Share “Play” Music Video, New Bakar Album Due 2021
- FLORA CASH RELEASE NEW SONG “A good childhood”
- SCOREY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “LOVE LETTER”
- Lo-fi Electronic Artist Animalweapon Releases Shimmering New Single “Deserve”
- BUZZING ARTIST & PRODUCER LLUSION PRESENTS BUFFET MIXTAPE TODAY
- keshi releases new ep “bandaids”
- ROLLING STONES ANNOUNCE 40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITIONS OF THE 1981 CLASSIC TATTOO YOU
- 3X GRAMMY-NOMINATED DUO, GREY AND SOFIA CARSON RELEASE NEW VIDEO FOR “GREY AREA”