OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced it has ordered new episodes of its popular unscripted series on the network’s successful Saturday night lineup: “Ready to Love” and “Love & Marriage: Huntsville.” The announcement was made today by Tina Perry, president, OWN.
“These shows tackle the real deal when it comes to love, marriage and dating and have captivated audiences from the very beginning,” said Jon Sinclair, EVP, unscripted programming & development, OWN. “We are excited to see more of the passionate relationships and commitment to love explored in new episodes coming this fall.”
Record-breaking Hollywood producer Will Packer’s popular dating series “Ready to Love,” hosted by Thomas “Nephew Tommy” Miles, explores the real-life dating interactions of sexy, successful and grown Black men and women in their 30s and 40s who are each looking for lasting love and an authentic relationship. Over the course of its first cycle, the series’ Saturday average grew +78% in women 25-54 and +57% in total viewers, while driving OWN to be Saturday night’s #1 cable network among African-American women 25-54. “Ready to Love” is produced by Will Packer Media and Lighthearted Entertainment. Will Packer is executive producer. Will Packer Media’s Kelly Smith, Lighthearted’s Rob LaPlante and Jeff Spangler also executive produce along with Anthony Sylvester.
“Love & Marriage: Huntsville” follows the lives of three successful and powerful African-American couples in the thriving city of Huntsville, Alabama who are attempting to come together to help revitalize the region through their joint real estate venture, The Comeback Group. On average during its first cycle, “Love & Marriage: Huntsville” ranked #1 in its time period across all of cable among African-American women and total viewers. Over the course of its run, the series’ Saturday average grew +67% in women 25-54 and +73% in total viewers. “Love & Marriage: Huntsville” is produced by Kingdom Reign Entertainment for ITV America. Carlos King, Rob Cornick and Andrew Hoagland are executive producers.
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- keshi releases new ep “bandaids”
- FLORA CASH SHARE VIDEO FOR SONG “SOUL MATE”
- KIRK FRANKLIN AND LE’ANDRIA JOHNSON MAKE BIG SPLASHES AT 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- EMERGING ARTIST RINI SHARES NEW VIDEO FOR “MY FAVOURITE CLOTHES”
- DOVE CAMERON UNVEILS UNAPOLOGETICALLY LIBERATED NEW DISCO POP SINGLE “LAZYBABY”
- JOYNER LUCAS RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR “LEGEND (FEAT. RICK ROSS)
- JAMES ARTHUR ANNOUNCES 2020 NORTH AMERICAN ‘THE YOU TOUR’ DATES
- TOMORROW X TOGETHER Release Official Music Video for next track “Magic Island”
- 24KGOLDN KICKS OFF 2020 JOINING YBN CORDAE ON “THE LOST BOY IN AMERICA TOUR”