Singer-songwriter, musician, dancer, and choreographer Owenn brings his enigmatic spirit and smokey sense of soul to the forefront as he formally introduces himself on “Baby Girl,” his major label debut single + video release available at all formats today via Island Records/Atlantis Entertainment Inc.
“Baby Girl,” his Island Records/Atlantis Entertainment debut is a majestic track that showcases Owenn’s pristine vocals as he croons about being by his significant other’s side until the end of time.
Watch the Video:
The music video takes place in a dance studio (of course) where he shows off the dance moves that have earned him renown. With everyone from Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, and Rihanna to legendary guitarist Nuno Bettencourt in his corner, Owenn is bound to shake up the whole wide world.
“Owenn is everything I fear and don’t want to be,” he lays down the gauntlet, “and Owenn is also everything I want to be all wrapped into one. Owenn is the guy who you can’t live with, but you can’t live without him either.”
Destined to take center stage as a performing artist, Owenn has attracted more than his share of attention contributing dance moves on stages worldwide with the music industry’s A-list. While still a teenager, he landed his first gig with Diddy Dirty-Money before going on to dance for everyone from Lady Gaga and Alicia Keys, to Megan Thee Stallion.
A long partnership with Beyoncé began when Owenn was tapped for her “Run The World” era. He took the stage at her Atlantic City residency Revel Presents: Beyoncé Live, then in her “Love On Top” video, as well as her history-making headline set at Coachella 2018 – all of which took place in between turns with Rihanna on her LOUD World Tour, and with Miley Cyrus on her Bangerz World Tour. Simultaneously, Owenn became a staple of Taylor Swift’s show on her 1989 Tour and Reputation Tour.
Born Christian Owens in New York City, to parents passionately steeped in music and the arts, young Owenn bounced around Harlem and the Bronx before his mother took him to live in Atlanta. There he was scouted by his first dance teacher, before catching the eye of a legendary choreographer who precipitated his move to Los Angeles at age seventeen. Owenn’s rise in the high-pressure world of professional dance was nothing short of meteoric, even as he was quietly developing his own musical sound under the radar.
Inspired by Prince, Marvin Gaye, Usher, Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, and the Smiths, among others, Owenn’s emotional and spiritual approach to dance translated to writing and recording. After meeting guitarist and producer Bettencourt on the Rihanna tour, and sharing musical ideas with him, Owenn turned his attention towards the challenges of recording.
“I can listen to a song, think about the best memories, and come back to where I was when I first heard it,” Owenn muses. “I want to be the soundtrack to your first dance at prom or when you’re getting ready to go to the club. I want my music to transcend all those different emotions and generate inspiration. That would be the best thing possible.”
- PICTURE THIS RELEASE NEW SINGLE “WINONA RYDER” TODAY
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- CHELSEA CUTLER ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM HOW TO BE HUMAN PREMIERES VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “LUCKY” FEAT. ALEXANDER 23
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- RUSS RELEASES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM ‘SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE’
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”
- J HUS SCORES NUMBER 1 ALBUM IN THE UK WITH HIS SOPHOMORE ALBUM BIG CONSPIRACY
- #MakeChangeSeries at Salesforce Music Lodge Concludes With Intimate Conversation And Performance From Preservation Hall Jazz Band Featuring Arcade Fire’s Win Butler and Régine Chassagne