OLIVIA O’BRIEN LAUNCHES INNOVATIVE MICROMIXTAPE CONCEPT WITH TWO-SONG RELEASE, IT WAS A SAD F**KING SUMMER
Today, Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Olivia O’Brien, takes a seismic jump forward as she introduces her latest project, which she’s deemed a ‘micromixtape,’ titled It Was A Sad F**king Summer, via Island Records. In addition to the release, she also announces the It Was A Sad F**king Tour of North America which kicks off on Feb 25 in Santa Cruz wrapping on March 28 in Portland (See full tour routing below). Exclusive merch items, tickets, and limited VIP packages will be made available to fans. It Was A Sad F**king Summer comprises two personal new tracks, “Sad Songs in the Summer” and “Almost in Love” both accompanied by visualizers that play on Olivia’s colorful and nostalgic aesthetic. On the project, Olivia states, “i am so excited to release my first micromixtape and continue to be able to express myself creatively in this new way. i’ve never done anything like this. At first i was afraid that people wouldn’t understand my idea/vision, but now the fear has subsided and i am simply looking forward to sharing these little pieces of my life and emotions with the world.”
Regarding the micromixtape concept, she adds “this release plan that i formulated is perfect for me as an artist. i always felt a lot of pressure in trying to make a larger cohesive project like an album because i am inspired by a lot of different types of music and constantly growing/changing in my life as well as my sound. i found that sometimes 2 or 3 songs go together perfectly but don’t fit at all with another 2 or 3 songs. it’s also a quicker process to not have to wait until 10-15 songs are perfectly finished in order to release them. i want to be able to release my music while i am still excited about it, before it has been sitting in a dropbox folder for a year and a half and i’ve already started making music i like more that sounds different.”
After gaining massive success with “i hate u i love u” in 2015, her 1 billion-streaming RIAA triple-platinum, self-composed smash collaboration with gnash, Olivia became regarded as a rising pop star to be reckoned with. It Was A Sad F**king Summer is Olivia’s first new music since Was It Even Real?, her debut album released earlier this year. Her headlining 25-city It Was A Sad F**king Tour across North America follows her sold-out headline Was It Even Real? Tour of North America earlier this year and continues the positive career trajectory of one of Island’s most promising young artists.
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- JOJO RELEASES NEW CAPSULE EP PROJECT “TRYING NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT”
- JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ RELEASES VIDEO FOR NEW SONG, “SWING”
- BENICIO BRYANT RELEASES “WHO HURT YOU?” (STRIPPED)
- YUNG POODA & DJ CHOSE SEE SUCCESS WITH “FOREVER TIPPIN” – VISUAL HITS 1 MILLION + VIEWS!
- LITTLE HURT RELEASES NEW TRACK “IT’S OK NOT TO BE OK” AND ACCOMPANYING VIDEO TODAY
- MULTI-PLATINUM AND GRAMMY-NOMINATED PRODUCER FOREIGN TECK RETURNS WITH NEW SINGLE “GASTAR”
- SWAE LEE SPREADS CHEER FOR THE HOLIDAYS – PAYS VISIT TO CRETE ACADEMY IN SOUTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES DONATING GIFTS TO CHILDREN IN NEED
- STRICK RELEASES NEW TRACK BAD GIRL FEATURING KAASH PAIGE
- FLORA CASH RELEASE NEW SONG “A good childhood”