NICOLE MILLAR UNVEILS NEW SINGLE “FAVOURS”
Slick, sultry and laden with sass, “Favours” is the much-anticipated follow up to Nicole Millar’s 2018 debut album Excuse Me, which spawned the viral hit “Blindfolded” (8 million+ combined streams) and ARIA Gold-accredited single “Tremble” (11 million+ combined streams). Flanked by warped synths and Millar’s signature croons, “Favours” is a slice of unapologetic pop savagery and marks the debut of a bold new era.
Both cheeky yet deeply personal, the song addresses a darker period of Millar’s life where she encountered both loss and heartbreak.
“I had a bit of a rough year with a lot of changes,” she reveals. “‘Favours’ is a song about how I’ve got no praise, or money left for this person.”
It was only natural to navigate towards those she trusted, recruiting past collaborators Muki and Kilter to bring her message to life.
“[Muki and I] really hit it off and couldn’t stop talking about everything that had been going on in our lives. It just became clear to write a song about this person that had made my life dull… but have a cheeky bounce to it.”
The song also sees Millar embrace a darker, more mature edge which fans have yet to be privy.
“I’ve been calling my music smooth, dark chocolate with hints of mint,” she laughs.
‘Favours’ will be the first of a series of new material from Nicole Millar; it’s grittier, more candid and empowered than ever. In her own words: “Don’t let someone walk all over you and manipulate you. Do exactly what your gut says, and own it.”
- WARNER RECORDS AND AFFILIATED LABELS ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES IN CELEBRATION OF RECORD STORE DAY 2021
- ALLAN RAYMAN RELEASES NEW SONG “CHIEF”
- ASCAP EXPO Initial Lineup: 2019’s Chart-Toppers, GRAMMY Winners, Platinum Hitmakers Set to Inspire
- LITTLE HURT RELEASES NEW TRACK “IT’S OK NOT TO BE OK” AND ACCOMPANYING VIDEO TODAY
- Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Eric Church, Garth Brooks, P!NK, and The Rolling Stones Lead Nominees for 31st Annual Pollstar Awards
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- Iann Dior RELEASES “FLOWERS” VISUAL FROM ALBUM INDUSTRY PLANT
- THE BLACK CROWES Present SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER 2020 WORLD TOUR
- SIX TIMEGRAMMY-NOMINATED R&B POWERHOUSE TAMIA CELEBRATES THE HOLIDAY SEASON WITH THE RELEASE OF THE CLASSIC “SOMEDAY AT CHRISTMAS”
- Brandy and Daniel Caesar Hit #1 at Radio With ‘Love Again”