NEW ORLEANS NATIVE DEEMIC SIGNS TO CASH MONEY RECORDS
Buzzing 21-year-old New Orleans rapper and singer Deemic unveils his debut single for Cash Money Records entitled “Late Night” today. Get it HERE.
Over piano, strings, finger-snaps, and strains of choir, his smooth flow captivates on vibrant verses before he croons out a hypnotic hook. The track illuminates his ability to seamlessly drop in and out of hip-hop and R&B vibes with confidence and charisma. As such, he introduces himself as an inimitable and infectious voice. Next up, he uncovers a cinematic video for the track, placing viewers in the heart of his New Orleans neighborhood.
“Late Night” will officially impacts at Urban Radio on November 19th.
It also proudly kicks off the artist’s signing to Cash Money Records.
Label Co-Founder and Chief Executive Ronald ‘Slim’ Williams commented, “Deemic doesn’t sound like anybody else I’ve ever heard. He’s got his own voice, and it’s really exciting. You know it’s him right away. That’s the mark of a superstar.”
Tallying over 2 million streams independently on Spotify, Soundcloud, and YouTube for the Top Shotta EP and landing a deal with Cash Money Records in 2019, Deemic brings a new fire to the game in his upcoming music—which he appropriately describes as “a gumbo.” His style is New Orleans homegrown. He went from mimicking Usher videos on BET to singing in the school and the church choir at just seven-years-old. It was also around this time that he also started discovering other artists like John Legend, Lil Wayne, and Juvenile. Uploading music throughout college, A cover of Drake’s “Pound Cake” generated an initial buzz before 2018’s “Homicide” took off virally. In under just six months, it had up to nearly half-a-million plays on Soundcloud and 100K YouTube views. In its wake, Deemic’s independent Top Shotta EP added to this momentum. Shortly after, Cash Money Records saw a video on Instagram, reached out. With his debut project in the works and with talent as a vocalist & a rapper, he’s bound to pop off.
- BENEE UNVEILS OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “NIGHT GARDEN” FEAT. KENNY BEATS & BAKAR
- The Boomtown Rats Release “Trash Glam Baby”, the first single off upcoming 3/13/20 album, Citizens of Boomtown
- iHeartMedia Indianapolis announced today that Mike Killabrew will return as the Senior Vice President of Programming
- ASHNIKKO UNLEASHES ALIEN-COWGIRL INSPIRED VIDEO FOR “WORKING BITCH”
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR
- SARCASTIC SOUNDS SHARES ATMOSPHERIC NEW SONG “SCARED OF THE WORLD”
- SCOREY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “LOVE LETTER”
- VILDHJARTA ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM MÅSSTADEN UNDER VATTEN
- MULTIPLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST AND PRODUCER RUSS ANNOUNCES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE SET FOR RELEASE JANUARY 31
- T9INE TAPS LIL DURK FOR “MIND OF A REAL” REMIX – VIDEO OUT NOW