NEW ORLEANS NATIVE DEEMIC SIGNS TO CASH MONEY RECORDS
Buzzing 21-year-old New Orleans rapper and singer Deemic unveils his debut single for Cash Money Records entitled “Late Night” today. Get it HERE.
Over piano, strings, finger-snaps, and strains of choir, his smooth flow captivates on vibrant verses before he croons out a hypnotic hook. The track illuminates his ability to seamlessly drop in and out of hip-hop and R&B vibes with confidence and charisma. As such, he introduces himself as an inimitable and infectious voice. Next up, he uncovers a cinematic video for the track, placing viewers in the heart of his New Orleans neighborhood.
“Late Night” will officially impacts at Urban Radio on November 19th.
It also proudly kicks off the artist’s signing to Cash Money Records.
Label Co-Founder and Chief Executive Ronald ‘Slim’ Williams commented, “Deemic doesn’t sound like anybody else I’ve ever heard. He’s got his own voice, and it’s really exciting. You know it’s him right away. That’s the mark of a superstar.”
Tallying over 2 million streams independently on Spotify, Soundcloud, and YouTube for the Top Shotta EP and landing a deal with Cash Money Records in 2019, Deemic brings a new fire to the game in his upcoming music—which he appropriately describes as “a gumbo.” His style is New Orleans homegrown. He went from mimicking Usher videos on BET to singing in the school and the church choir at just seven-years-old. It was also around this time that he also started discovering other artists like John Legend, Lil Wayne, and Juvenile. Uploading music throughout college, A cover of Drake’s “Pound Cake” generated an initial buzz before 2018’s “Homicide” took off virally. In under just six months, it had up to nearly half-a-million plays on Soundcloud and 100K YouTube views. In its wake, Deemic’s independent Top Shotta EP added to this momentum. Shortly after, Cash Money Records saw a video on Instagram, reached out. With his debut project in the works and with talent as a vocalist & a rapper, he’s bound to pop off.
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- KAMAIYAH RELEASES NEW SINGLE & VIDEO “STILL I AM”
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- 24KGOLDN AND IANN DIOR PLAY IT COOL IN NEW SONG “MOOD”
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- HARRY STYLES RELEASES NEW SONG “WATERMELON SUGAR” FROM UPCOMING ALBUM FINE LINE
- keshi releases new track “more”
- MULTI-PLATINUM ALTERNATIVE BAND NEON TREES RETURN WITH LONG-AWAITED NEW SINGLE “USED TO LIKE”
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep