NAYANA IZ Shares New Track “TNT”
Today NAYANA IZ, one of the UK’s most explosive new talents, has shared new track “TNT”, which is taken from her forthcoming debut EP Smoke & Fly that is due out 6/26 on Different Recordings. Alongside the track, she has also shared its video, which was directed by emerging creative duo Ethan & Tom (Flohio, The Murder Capital). Watch and listen HERE.
NAYANA IZ is on a roll. Having introduced herself in the closing months of 2019 with debut track “how we do”, the 19-year-old Londoner is now gearing up for the release of her debut EP Smoke & Fly and slowly taking the world by storm in the meantime. Newest offering “TNT” comes hot on the heels of a fiendishly good double A-side release that Nayana dropped in April and lays down the gauntlet even further as to what to expect from her in the future.
Self-proclaimed to be born in London but made in India, Nayana’s music and spirit is an amalgamation of those two cultures. Growing up in North London, her musical education was a melting pot of everything from jazz, pop and indie through to hip-hop and soul. As soon as she could start creating her own music, Nayana knew she wanted to mix the spirit of Indian language and dance (she is currently learning Hindi as well as classical Indian dance) in with all of the different music she had been raised on and empower young girls (particularly from her native land) to find their own authentic voice and too express themselves.
Everything we’ve heard so far has effortlessly fulfilled these objectives and simultaneously marked Nayana out as one of the most fiercely unique new talents in the game. “TNT” finds the NiNE8 Collective artist once again in full command as she fires a lyrical warning shot at those who attempt to deceive her. In her own words:
“’TNT’ is about those people in disguise, undercover friends and acquaintances. ‘TNT’ is my message that I see through it all – like an x-ray. It’s named ‘TNT’ because I’m about to go off and confront it all; I’m done playing games and hiding. I live by straight honesty and loyalty now it’s time to surround myself with people alike. The cover is a photo of my grandmother singing and thang-ta dancing when she was my age. At this time in her own life she had a lot of dark things happening in her life which she had just escaped. She still held her soul and this photo is the epitome of pureness to me – a place where I hope to be one day.”
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- Owen Releases Debut Track + Music Video for “Baby Girl”
- CASPER BLUFF RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MY SHAWTY” FEATURING COCA VANGO TODAY
- Rising Somali-Norwegian Artist MUSTI Premieres “Lion King” video via Complex
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”
- SKIP MARLEY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MAKE ME FEEL” FEATURING RICK ROSS & ARI LENNOX
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR
- BÜLOW RETURNS TO NORTH AMERICA FOR THREE MUCH-ANTICIPATED SHOWS
- SKIP MARLEY & H.E.R. PERFORM + INTERVIEW ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA
- NEW XXXTENTACION SINGLE “BAD VIBES FOREVER” OUT NOW