NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
Today NAYANA IZ is pleased to share her debut single “how we do“, which is available today via Different Recordings. Listen to it HERE.
Produced by Karma Kid (Octavian, Dua Lipa), “how we do” draws on NAYANA’s success in doing things her own way when everyone around her made her goals seem impossible. NAYANA, born in London and made in India, mixes the beauty of both worlds within her work. Growing up in an artistic family in North London and being naturally musical from a young age, she started off making jazz, pop, and indie music in a band (singing and playing keys), before stumbling across hip-hop and fusing it with the soul of India within the messages and instrumentation of her solo material. NAYANA is currently learning Hindi as well as classical Indian singing and dancing for upcoming projects. Her goal is to empower young girls (particularly from her native land who do not have Indian role models); to inspire them to live their lives, find their authentic voice, and have a means of genuine self-expression.
First single “how we do” is a suitable mission-statement for NAYANA IZ, who already appears the sort of young talent firmly in charge of everything she does (and how she does it). Aged just 19, Nayana is also a member of NiNE8 Collective, the influential network of London-based creatives which includes Lava La Rue and Biig Piig. “How We Do” was launched today alongside a Schuh campaign starring NAYANA IZ – which will be on bus stands all along Oxford Circus, as well as on billboards on the London Underground. Nayana has previously co-presented and appeared on radio shows such as NTS, Balamii, and Reprezent, as well as collaborating with the likes of Adidas, North Face, Redbull Music, Boiler Room, The Face and more.
Currently on tour with Ireland’s hip-hop finest Kojaque, NAYANA IZ has recently played solo sets at the iconic Jazz Cafe for Annie Mac, supported Lil T Jay at Electric Ballroom and played at the 100 Club for Fred Perry – all before her first solo work, “How We Do”. NAYANA IZ’s debut EP will follow in 2020.
- WARNER RECORDS AND AFFILIATED LABELS ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES IN CELEBRATION OF RECORD STORE DAY 2021
- ASCAP EXPO Initial Lineup: 2019’s Chart-Toppers, GRAMMY Winners, Platinum Hitmakers Set to Inspire
- PARTYNEXTDOOR ENLISTS BAD BUNNY ON REMIX FOR “LOYAL” FEAT. DRAKE
- TRAVIS SCOTT ANNOUNCES CACTUS JACK’S DEBUT STUDIO ALBUM ‘JACK BOYS’
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”
- ALLAN RAYMAN RELEASES NEW SONG “CHIEF”
- THE BLACK CROWES Present SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER 2020 WORLD TOUR
- Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Eric Church, Garth Brooks, P!NK, and The Rolling Stones Lead Nominees for 31st Annual Pollstar Awards
- Katy J Pearson Shares New Track “Hey You”
- keshi releases new track “more”