Arriving as a true alternative pop outlier, 20-year-old rising artist and producer John-Robert presents his Healthy Baby Boy, Pt. 1 project today via Nice Life Recording Company / Warner Records. Listen to Healthy Baby Boy, Pt. 1 HERE.
To celebrate the release, he just uncovered the music video for the standout track “Move It To The Side.” In the visual, recently deceased John-Robert cruises around picking up souls with the Grim Reaper as part of Dead Drops, LLC.
About the project, he had the following to share, “Healthy Baby Boy, Pt. 1 was inspired by the confusion that comes with transitioning from your teenage years, into your 20’s—navigating depression, romance, self-reliance, and a completely new environment. This project was a serious coming-of-age story that I have not yet had the pleasure to grow out of.”
John-Robert has consistently received critical acclaim. OnesToWatch claimed, “John-Robert’s stripped-back style is utterly refreshing and comforting,” and American Songwriter predicts, “John-Robert positions himself for stunning success.” Earmilk raved, “The young singer-songwriter John-Robert has taken the music industry by storm with his heartfelt lyricism, passionate vocal delivery, and catchy melodies.”
The music of Healthy Baby Boy, Pt. 1 relays the artist’s coming-of-age whisked out of obscurity in Edinburg, VA by mega-producer Ricky Reed and trading a town of 1,000 residents for Los Angeles where the budding talent is now making a lifelong dream a reality.
Just last month, he teased out the project with “Rock Back & Forth.” Watch the visualizer HERE. Prior, he unveiled “Damn Bean” with a Pulp Fiction-inspired music video. John-Robert also dropped “USMO,” an acronym short for “You Should Move On” and set the stage for Healthy Baby Boy, Pt. 1 with the release of the title track “Healthy Baby Boy” last October. The autobiographical slice-of-life immediately attracted tastemaker praise by the likes of SPIN, who raved, “On his latest single, ‘Healthy Baby Boy,’ John-Robert shows his depth as an emerging songwriter by his understanding of the poignancy of life,” and American Songwriter noted, “He pours his emotional angst directly into his new song, the charmingly nostalgic ‘Healthy Baby Boy.’ In The Know put it best, “John-Robert is a name you’ll want to know…a small-town baby boy who’s steadily rising to superstardom.”
At age 16, John-Robert was invited out to L.A. by Reed, who’s described him as “a transcendent, once-in-a-generation singer and songwriter.” Sure enough, John-Robert’s 2019 independent release “Adeline” has amassed over 3 million streams and garnered fans like Camila Cabello, who posted an Instagram story praising it. Last year, he recorded a breathtaking rendition of Fiona Apple’s “Criminal” for the Recording Academy’s® “ReImagined” video series. In May, he released his debut EP, Bailey Barely Knew Me, featuring “Adeline” and other standout tracks.
Healthy Baby Boy, Pt. 1 tracklisting:
1. Healthy Baby Boy
2. Damn Bean
4. Move It To The Side
5. Novia Scotia
6. Rock Back & Forth
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- Owen Releases Debut Track + Music Video for “Baby Girl”
- Rising Somali-Norwegian Artist MUSTI Premieres “Lion King” video via Complex
- CASPER BLUFF RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MY SHAWTY” FEATURING COCA VANGO TODAY
- SKIP MARLEY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MAKE ME FEEL” FEATURING RICK ROSS & ARI LENNOX
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”
- RISING SOUTH CAROLINA RAPPER NGeeYL RELEASES NEW SINGLE + MUSIC VIDEO FOR “OFF-WHITE” FT. LIL UZI VERT
- CONAN GRAY RELEASES VIDEO FOR NEW SINGLE “MANIAC” TODAY VIDEO CO-STARS JESSICA BARDEN (STAR OF NETFLIX’S END OF THE F***ING WORLD) THE COMFORT CROWD TOUR KICKS OFF NEXT WEEK
- BÜLOW RETURNS TO NORTH AMERICA FOR THREE MUCH-ANTICIPATED SHOWS
- Lissie To Release “ANNIVERSARY EDITION” Of Her Breakthrough Debut Album, CATCHING A TIGER, JUNE 25