“Destination: Atlanta,” an immersive, one-day music event created by Journeys and adidas Originals today announced Lil Yachty as the headliner for their second annual festival on September 28 in Atlanta. The GRAMMY-nominated rapper will take the main stage and perform fan favorites at the Georgia Freight Depot in downtown Atlanta.
Lil Yachty, also known as “Lil Boat,” is a 22-year-old Atlanta native, known for shifting views around rap by embracing self-acceptance and diversity through music. Hit records from the rapper, producer and creative designer include, “One Night,” and “Minnesota” along with his chart topping album, Teenage Emotions.
“We are excited to have Lil Yachty as our headliner for this year’s ‘Destination: Atlanta,'” says Kari Irons, SVP Marketing, Journeys Group. “It was important to us that we include an artist who embodies the vibrant and diverse culture of Atlanta and Lil Yachty is the perfect example of that. We look forward to providing an exciting and authentic experience for fans in his hometown.”
This year’s partnership between Journeys and adidas Originals is inspired by the music and culture derived from the city of Atlanta and will include various interactive stations for an elevated experience for guests. The free event will conveniently take place in the vacant lot area of the Georgia Freight Depot.
Additional acts performing at “Destination: Atlanta” include hip-hop artists Kodie Shane, Marlo and newly-added, Mike Floss. Festival-goers can also take in the sounds of DJs Heroes x Villains and Ferrari Simmons along with host, Kenny Burns.
The “Destination” series launched last year in San Diego and welcomed over 3,400 attendees with headlining rapper, Jay Rock. Over 4,000 guests are expected this year.
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- R&B RISING STAR DARIUS JAMES’ 8-TRACK EP ‘LIFE AS WE KNOW IT,’ OUT FRIDAY
- The Crown Recordings and Atlantic Records artist, KINGG BUCC, ushers in a new era in hip-hop Swiper Season!
- DIANA GORDON SHARES ARTISTIC NEW VISUAL FOR “ONCE A FRIEND”
- 99 NEIGHBORS DROP NEW SINGLE & MUSIC VIDEO “49ER” DEBUT ALBUM WHEREVER YOU’RE GOING I HOPE IT’S GREAT COMING SOON
- THE BOOMTOWN RATS Announce New Album, UK Tour, Film and New Bob Geldof Book in 2020
- LANCEY FOUX RELEASES NEW SINGLE“COOLER THAN ME”
- Atlanta Radio Host Jade Novah’s New PETA Ad Says, ‘Live in Color—Go Vegan for Life
- 3X GRAMMY-NOMINATED DUO, GREY AND SOFIA CARSON RELEASE NEW VIDEO FOR “GREY AREA”
- WALK OFF THE EARTH AND AMAZON MUSIC HOST EXCLUSIVE LIVESTREAM PERFORMANCE ATOP TORONTO’S ICONIC CN TOWER