“Destination: Atlanta,” an immersive, one-day music event created by Journeys and adidas Originals today announced Lil Yachty as the headliner for their second annual festival on September 28 in Atlanta. The GRAMMY-nominated rapper will take the main stage and perform fan favorites at the Georgia Freight Depot in downtown Atlanta.
Lil Yachty, also known as “Lil Boat,” is a 22-year-old Atlanta native, known for shifting views around rap by embracing self-acceptance and diversity through music. Hit records from the rapper, producer and creative designer include, “One Night,” and “Minnesota” along with his chart topping album, Teenage Emotions.
“We are excited to have Lil Yachty as our headliner for this year’s ‘Destination: Atlanta,'” says Kari Irons, SVP Marketing, Journeys Group. “It was important to us that we include an artist who embodies the vibrant and diverse culture of Atlanta and Lil Yachty is the perfect example of that. We look forward to providing an exciting and authentic experience for fans in his hometown.”
This year’s partnership between Journeys and adidas Originals is inspired by the music and culture derived from the city of Atlanta and will include various interactive stations for an elevated experience for guests. The free event will conveniently take place in the vacant lot area of the Georgia Freight Depot.
Additional acts performing at “Destination: Atlanta” include hip-hop artists Kodie Shane, Marlo and newly-added, Mike Floss. Festival-goers can also take in the sounds of DJs Heroes x Villains and Ferrari Simmons along with host, Kenny Burns.
The “Destination” series launched last year in San Diego and welcomed over 3,400 attendees with headlining rapper, Jay Rock. Over 4,000 guests are expected this year.
- ASHNIKKO UNLEASHES ALIEN-COWGIRL INSPIRED VIDEO FOR “WORKING BITCH”
- JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ RELEASES VIDEO FOR NEW SONG, “SWING”
- BENICIO BRYANT RELEASES “WHO HURT YOU?” (STRIPPED)
- YUNG POODA & DJ CHOSE SEE SUCCESS WITH “FOREVER TIPPIN” – VISUAL HITS 1 MILLION + VIEWS!
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- JOJO RELEASES NEW CAPSULE EP PROJECT “TRYING NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT”
- KANYE WEST BRINGS HIS SUNDAY SERVICE EXPERIENCE TO HISTORIC FELLOWSHIP CHURCH IN CHICAGO
- GOSPEL SOUL SINGER GENE MOORE RELEASES LIVE ‘NASHVILLE SESSIONS’ EP
- SWAE LEE SPREADS CHEER FOR THE HOLIDAYS – PAYS VISIT TO CRETE ACADEMY IN SOUTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES DONATING GIFTS TO CHILDREN IN NEED
- SIMXSANTANA SHARES BOISTERIOUS BANGER “CANNABIS”