“Destination: Atlanta,” an immersive, one-day music event created by Journeys and adidas Originals today announced Lil Yachty as the headliner for their second annual festival on September 28 in Atlanta. The GRAMMY-nominated rapper will take the main stage and perform fan favorites at the Georgia Freight Depot in downtown Atlanta.
Lil Yachty, also known as “Lil Boat,” is a 22-year-old Atlanta native, known for shifting views around rap by embracing self-acceptance and diversity through music. Hit records from the rapper, producer and creative designer include, “One Night,” and “Minnesota” along with his chart topping album, Teenage Emotions.
“We are excited to have Lil Yachty as our headliner for this year’s ‘Destination: Atlanta,'” says Kari Irons, SVP Marketing, Journeys Group. “It was important to us that we include an artist who embodies the vibrant and diverse culture of Atlanta and Lil Yachty is the perfect example of that. We look forward to providing an exciting and authentic experience for fans in his hometown.”
This year’s partnership between Journeys and adidas Originals is inspired by the music and culture derived from the city of Atlanta and will include various interactive stations for an elevated experience for guests. The free event will conveniently take place in the vacant lot area of the Georgia Freight Depot.
Additional acts performing at “Destination: Atlanta” include hip-hop artists Kodie Shane, Marlo and newly-added, Mike Floss. Festival-goers can also take in the sounds of DJs Heroes x Villains and Ferrari Simmons along with host, Kenny Burns.
The “Destination” series launched last year in San Diego and welcomed over 3,400 attendees with headlining rapper, Jay Rock. Over 4,000 guests are expected this year.
- KISS ANNOUNCED TODAY THE END OF THE ROAD COMES TO ITS END
- PICTURE THIS RELEASE NEW SINGLE “WINONA RYDER” TODAY
- J HUS SCORES NUMBER 1 ALBUM IN THE UK WITH HIS SOPHOMORE ALBUM BIG CONSPIRACY
- CHELSEA CUTLER ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM HOW TO BE HUMAN PREMIERES VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “LUCKY” FEAT. ALEXANDER 23
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- #MakeChangeSeries at Salesforce Music Lodge Concludes With Intimate Conversation And Performance From Preservation Hall Jazz Band Featuring Arcade Fire’s Win Butler and Régine Chassagne
- RUSS RELEASES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM ‘SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE’
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”