Lebanese artist Maro debuts with single “carsick”
Today, fast-rising Lebanese artist and songwriter Maro has released his debut single titled “carsick.” The song is out now via Snafu Records and is available everywhere.
A pulsing pop earworm dripping with melodic hooks and the intricate songwriting prowess of a seasoned artist, “carsick” is a bold first moment for Maro as he begins to release his debut original material. On the track, Maro describes, “Carsick is about my on-and-off relationship with a girl. Despite knowing there’s no point in trying again, I still do, which leads me to bad habits and a repetitive cycle.”
Catalyzed by the storm of buzz sparked after uploading a cover of Lil Peep & XXXTentacion’s “Falling Down” on his YouTube channel in 2018, Maro’s following has grown immensely, with 28 million views on Youtube in the last year alone.
At only 19 years old, Maro is the walking definition of a precocious self-starter. By his early teens, Maro was fluent in 4 languages (French, Arabic, Russian, English) and he currently sings in 7 languages (+ Turkish, Italian, Spanish). He began playing piano in 2nd grade and, by age 15, started writing his own songs. He taught himself guitar from online tutorials and ravenously consumed a wide array of sounds: heavy metal to old-school hip-hop; 90s grunge to Top 40 pop.
Born in poverty-stricken Beirut, Maro moved several times throughout his upbringing amidst war-torn Lebanon. Emerging from his chaotic surroundings was music – a much-needed constant and creative outlet. He describes, “Moving and traveling around during my early teenage years made me feel lonely, and once I started to write songs and be creative, it became the perfect outlet for my emotions.” Born to a Lebanese father and Ukrainian mother, Maro’s multi-cultural background is a centerpiece of his artistry. Maro notes, “My parents’ taste in music has really contributed to my sound as an artist in terms of deriving inspiration from Lebanese and Ukrainian culture.”
With “carsick” as his first original output, Maro’s creative path is only just beginning, though his vision is already well-defined: to create songs that are sonically distinct and authentic to Maro at his core. As he states, ”I want to have something that fans hear and immediately know, this is Maro…The music is raw and emotional, and I just want people to find it real.”
- Owen Releases Debut Track + Music Video for “Baby Girl”
- VOCAL POWERHOUSE MALIA CIVETZ RELEASES NEW TRACK “DISRESPECTFUL”
- Rising Somali-Norwegian Artist MUSTI Premieres “Lion King” video via Complex
- ISAIAH RASHAD ANNOUNCES FALL US TOUR, “LIL SUNNY’S AWESOME VACATION,” WITH NEW TRACK “WAT U SED” FEATURING DOECHII & KAL BANX
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- BÜLOW RETURNS TO NORTH AMERICA FOR THREE MUCH-ANTICIPATED SHOWS
- KYGO DEBUTS NEW SINGLE AND VIDEO “LIKE IT IS” FT. TYGA AND ZARA LARSSON
- Protoje Takes a Victory Lap with Deluxe Edition of His Classic Album in Search of Lost Time Out Today