Valparaiso Pictures today announced that Academy Award Nominee Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick) is attached to star in the upcoming spy action comedy No Glory, which Sam Bain (Corporate Animals) is adapting based on the original manuscript of the same name.
Valparaiso Picture’s David Carrico and Adam Paulsen are producing alongside Gary Sanchez Productions’ Adam McKay, Chris Henchy and Will Ferrell. Valparaiso’s head of development Bobby Hoppey will executive produce. Academy Award winning producer/writer/director McKay (The Big Short, Vice) and Nanjiani are overseeing Bain’s script. 30WEST is co-repping the film with UTA.
Adam McKay said: “I can’t wait to dig into this incredible true story. With Kumail at the helm this has a chance to be really ‘special,’ as Kumail likes to say.”
Valparaiso ‘s David Carrico continued: “This is the type of story that we created our company to help tell, narratives that can have broad commercial appeal without sacrificing artistry. We found the prefect partners and storytellers in Kumail & Adam.”
No Glory is based on the manuscript which was written by a National Security Operative and author Scott Shephard about the operative’s time in service to the country, a unique account described as “The Rambunctious Patriotism and World-Wide Shenanigans of a First Generation American in the Clandestine Service of a Grateful and Mostly Unwitting Nation.”
Nanjiani was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for The Big Sick, in which he also starred alongside Zoe Kazan. He will next be seen in Columbia Pictures’ highly anticipated Men in Black: International and Universal Pictures’ The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle.
McKay wrote, directed and produced Vice starring Christian Bale and Amy Adams which was nominated for 8 Academy Awards including Best Director, Best Motion Picture of the Year and Best Original Screenplay. He co-wrote and directed Paramount’s The Big Short, which was nominated for five Academy Awards and earned an Oscar, BAFTA and WGA Award for best adapted screenplay.
McKay is a principal at Gary Sanchez Productions alongside Chris Henchy and Will Ferrell. The company has a deal with Paramount, partnering on past films such as the R-rated action/fairy tale Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters ($226 million), Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues ($173 million) and the Ferrell/Mark Wahlberg family comedies Daddy’s Home ($242 million) and Daddy’s Home 2 ($180 million).
Bain penned Patrick Brice’s Corporate Animals starring Demi Moore and Ed Helms which just made its World Premiere at Sundance. His upcoming comedy, The Stand-In, stars Drew Barrymore and Michael Zegen and is currently in production.
Valparaiso Pictures is quickly expanding its development and production portfolio. They recently premiered The Sound of Silence starring Peter Sarsgaard and Rashida Jones in competition at Sundance 2019.
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- KAMAIYAH RELEASES NEW SINGLE & VIDEO “STILL I AM”
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- 24KGOLDN AND IANN DIOR PLAY IT COOL IN NEW SONG “MOOD”
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- HARRY STYLES RELEASES NEW SONG “WATERMELON SUGAR” FROM UPCOMING ALBUM FINE LINE
- keshi releases new track “more”
- MULTI-PLATINUM ALTERNATIVE BAND NEON TREES RETURN WITH LONG-AWAITED NEW SINGLE “USED TO LIKE”
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep