KIANA LEDÉ RELEASES COVER OF P!NK’S “DEAR MR. PRESIDENT”
Making a much-needed statement, gold-selling Phoenix-born and Los Angeles-based artist Kiana Ledé unveils her cover of the politically charged P!nk classic “Dear Mr. President.” On the track, Kiana adds her own lyrical touch to the second verse to confront the chaos of the moment head-on addressing immigration and more.
Most importantly, Kiana Ledé and Republic Records pledge to donate all net proceeds from the track to the NAACP Empowerment Programs.
“Through all the crying and pleading, all the protesting and donating, I wanted to do something that is therapeutic for me – singing. I came across the song ‘Dear Mr. President’ by P!nk and realized so many of the lyrics are STILL relevant today. This song was originally released 14 years ago. I hope this song drives people to VOTE because Trump is a symbol of racism and we are facing the impending doom of his re-election. In order for us to follow through, he needs to be replaced. All net proceeds from the song are being donated to the NAACP Empowerment Programs, which fights for social justice, voter participation, quality education and much more,” says Kiana Ledé on the track.
“Dear Mr. President,” which is produced by longtime collaborator and GRAMMY nominated songwriter/producer Michael Woods, arrives on the heels of her acclaimed full-length debut, Kiki. The album notably bowed in the Top 5 of the Billboard Top R&B Albums Chart, Top 5 of the Apple Music R&B/Soul Albums Chart, Top 5 of the iTunes R&B/Soul Albums Chart and Top 10 of the Apple Music Overall Albums Chart. It has impressively gathered over 30 million streams in addition to receiving tastemaker praise from ELLE, Billboard, Highsnobiety, Vibe and many more. She also made history by shooting the entire music video for the single “Chocolate” feat. Ari Lennox. The visual just cracked 1.3 million views.
Just who is Kiana Ledé? On the one hand, you know her as a fierce and fiery force in R&B responsible for bangers such as the gold-certified “EX,” “Mad At Me” and “Chocolate” feat. Ari Lennox and has received over 1 billion streams globally and praise from Complex, Vibe, Billboard, ROLLACOASTER Magazine and more. On the other hand, you may recognize her from series such as Scream and All About The Washingtons. But, who is she? “KIKI,” she answers. On her aptly titled full-length debut, she reveals every side of herself: the vulnerability, the vitality, the anger, the lust, the loyalty, the joy, the darkness, and the truth as evinced on song.
Long before all of this, the songstress “from South Phoenix with Black, Mexican, Native American, and White ancestry” grew up between divorced parents. She played classical instruments and competed in pageants—but popped wheelies on dirt bikes and got under the hood to fix a car or two. Eventually, an adventurous spirit carried her from Arizona to Los Angeles where she began a journey that comes full circle in 2020.
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Wins Best Original Song, Otherwise Snubbed
- KISS ANNOUNCED TODAY THE END OF THE ROAD COMES TO ITS END
- LEYLA BLUE SINGER/SONGWRITER RELEASES DEBUT EP SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK, OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- MULTI-PLATINUM ALTERNATIVE BAND NEON TREES RETURN WITH LONG-AWAITED NEW SINGLE “USED TO LIKE”
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- Rising Somali-Norwegian Artist MUSTI Premieres “Lion King” video via Complex
- THE BUZZING SIXTEEN YEAR OLD RAPPER FROM AUSTRALIA RELEASES NEW SINGLE “LET HER GO” TODAY VIA COLUMBIA RECORDS