JOHAN LENOX RELEASES NEW SINGLE WITH VISUAL “NO ONE WANTS TO DANCE ANYMORE” FT. YUNG PINCH
Boston’s own king of Suburbia, johan lenox, released his stunning visuals for his new single “no one wants to dance anymore” featuring Yung Pinch. The classically trained musician who describes his music as “the suburban landscape draped in rich symphonic sound”, returns with the same vigor and readiness to explore new territory. Having returned from his last project, “everybody’s cool but me”— johan lenox still hasn’t shaken his angst with life, age and how success changes what he once found enjoyable. Standing between the past and the future, Johan searches for the middle ground of his own happiness, while the video depicts the unsettling mundane grown up things of life. Melodically singing “everybody’s stressed out and bored… what do we do?” he echoes the sentiments of people who are looking for themselves as life changes around them. Awkward yet irresistible, subtle yet boldly relatable, the song is easy listening and the video hooks you.
“Sometimes it feels like no one wants to have fun lately. I don’t know if that’s because people are growing up and our lives naturally take us in different directions, or if it’s because we live in uniquely stressful times where everyone’s struggling to reach adulthood, taking multiple jobs or moving back into their parents’ basement. Maybe both. Yung Pinch can relate— he’s on tour so much that it’s easy to lose touch with longtime friends. In general I think it’s just a lonely time to be coming of age in America right now” – johan lenox
While johan lenox is a classical composer, string arranger, and producer, it’s his vulnerability that has pegged him as one of the most sought after rising artists of 2019. Having collaborated with Kanye West, Big Sean, Travis Scott, Ty Dolla $ign, NAS, Teyana Taylor, Travis Barker, Vic Mensa, Sabrina Claudio, Lil Nas X, Blackbear, 070 Shake, Emotional Oranges, Mr. Hudson and others– he also works closely with producers No I.D., Mike Dean and John Hill. Evoking the youthful bliss and boredom of late-night parties in the Massachusetts woods, doomed young love, and the uncertainties of growing up, johan lenox’s special ability to connect with fans and critics alike make him one to watch for 2020.
- SAMTHING SOWETO KICKS OFF THE FESTIVE SEASON WITH TRIPLE MUSIC VIDEO RELEASES THIS WEEK
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- Y2K AND BBNO$ RELEASE OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR “LALALA”
- Iann Dior RELEASES “FLOWERS” VISUAL FROM ALBUM INDUSTRY PLANT
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- LOUS AND THE YAKUZA RELEASES TRACK TOUT EST GORE
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- QUIN RELEASES LUCID EP & “MUSHROOM CHOCOLATE” VISUAL feat. 6LACK
- ALLAN RAYMAN RELEASES NEW SONG “6 AM” THE LATEST TRACK OFF UPCOMING NEW ALBUM TITLED CHRISTIAN
- EMERGING ARTIST RINI SHARES NEW VIDEO FOR “MY FAVOURITE CLOTHES”