JEREMY ZUCKER RETURNS WITH NEW SINGLE “supercuts”
Platinum-Certified singer, songwriter and producer Jeremy Zucker drops his new single “supercuts” today—listen HERE and watch the lyric video HERE!
The follow up to his critically acclaimed debut album, love is not dying, “supercuts” is a feel-good summertime anthem co-written and co-produced by Jeremy and Max Martin’s MXM camp in Stockholm, Sweden. Sunny guitar strums back-and-forth, as Zucker candidly details being in a relationship that you know is inevitably going to fail. Minimal instrumentation and bright chords offset the sing-song hook, “I don’t want to make your momma cry at dinner and see her at the mall next winter, at Supercuts, she hates my guts, well alright.”
“I actually wrote ‘supercuts’ about a year ago in Sweden with Max Martin’s camp,” Jeremy says, “so it’s a song that I’ve been sitting on for a while and waiting for the right time.” Now is the time, as the feel-good song sets a new tone for the next chapter of Zucker’s career.
Of the meaning behind the song, Jeremy says, “‘supercuts’ is about the fear of being complacent and ending up where you started, which for me was a small town in the suburbs of New Jersey. The idea of seeing your ex’s mom at the Supercuts in the mall is really just the most sarcastically exaggerated way of portraying that life, to me. Despite being a more upbeat record, there is this sarcastic, self-loathing tone behind my performance. It’s quite fun.”
love is not dying has garnered over 2 billion global streams to date and has received widespread praise from the likes of Genius, MTV, SPIN, Consequence of Sound, L’Officiel, Flaunt Magazine, Office Magazine and more, as critics and fans hailed it “the perfect breakup album.” The album features lead singles “not ur friend” and “always, i’ll care,” as well as fan favorites “somebody loves u,” “orchid” and “lakehouse” and his international breakout hit, “comethru,” which is now Certified Platinum with over 1.4 billion global streams and 270 million video views.
Stay tuned for more from Jeremy Zucker this year!
- INCUBUS ANNOUNCE SUMMER 2020 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH 311
- Urban Legends Reissues Zhané’s Debut Album, ‘Pronounced Jah-Nay,’ On Its 25th Anniversary
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- Acclaimed Actor & Musician // Jeff Buckley meets Ed Sheeran
- LOUS AND THE YAKUZA RELEASES TRACK TOUT EST GORE
- 24KGOLDN KICKS OFF 2020 JOINING YBN CORDAE ON “THE LOST BOY IN AMERICA TOUR”
- EMERGING ARTIST RINI SHARES NEW VIDEO FOR “MY FAVOURITE CLOTHES”
- AMINÉ RELEASES NEW SINGLE: “RIRI”
- Daniel Caesar Performs Live In London as Part of Apple Music’s Up Next Live