Increasing excitement for her portrayal of Aretha Franklin in RESPECT, Academy® Award-winning actress and GRAMMY® Award-winning recording artist Jennifer Hudson shares the tracklisting for the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack to RESPECT. She breathes new life into 17 Aretha classics, paying homage to the “Queen of Soul” with each recording.
Hudson shared the announcement on her social platforms last night.
She set the stage for the Soundtrack with the new original “Here I Am (Singing My Way Home)”—co-written with 4-time GRAMMY® Award winner, Kennedy Center Honoree, and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Songwriters Hall of Fame Inductee Carole King (marking their first collaboration) and Jamie Hartman [Lewis Capaldi, Christina Aguilera]. GRAMMY® Award-winning Black Eyed Peas co-founder and mega-producer will.i.am produced the track. Get it HERE.
Right out of the gate, it garnered widespread critical acclaim. In addition to plugs from Billboard, Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, and more, Vulture raved, “Jennifer Hudson’s new song is going to sound so good over the Aretha biopic credits.” It also recently impacted radio.
Hudson was notably handpicked by Franklin to portray her in the film from MGM, which opens in theatres nationwide on August 13th. The soundtrack will be available on the same day.
- There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood
- Ac-cent-tchu-ate The Positive
- Nature Boy
- I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Loved You)
- Do Right Woman, Do Right Man
- Dr. Feelgood
- Sweet Sweet Baby (Since You’ve Been Gone)
- Ain’t No Way
- (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman
- Chain of Fools
- Take My Hand, Precious Lord
- Spanish Harlem
- I Say A Little Prayer for You
- Precious Memories
- Amazing Grace
- Here I Am (Singing My Way Home)
One of the biggest, boldest, and brightest voices in contemporary music, Jennifer Hudson stands alone. Not only is she a two-time GRAMMY® Award winner and best-selling author, but she has received an Academy® Award, a Golden Globe®, and countless other honors as an actress. Her self-titled 2008 debut Jennifer Hudson earned a platinum certification, the 2011 follow-up I Remember Mewent gold, and 2014’s JHUD drew a GRAMMY® nod. She has starred in films ranging from Dreamgirlsand Sex and the Cityto Chi-Raq and Sing,in addition to taking over Broadway in The Color Purple, for which the soundtrack garnered Hudson another Grammy win. Along the way, she became a best-selling author and served as a coach on The Voice UK and U.S. In 2019, she appeared as Grizabella in the big-screen adaptation of Cats, and she also contributed “I’ll Fight” to the critically acclaimed documentary RBG, garnering an Academy® Award nomination. In 2021, she stars as Aretha Franklin in director Liesl Tommy’s highly anticipated biopic Respect, of which she is also an executive producer. Franklin personally chose Hudson to star. She will be releasing new music soon.
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- keshi releases new ep “bandaids”
- KIRK FRANKLIN AND LE’ANDRIA JOHNSON MAKE BIG SPLASHES AT 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- EMERGING ARTIST RINI SHARES NEW VIDEO FOR “MY FAVOURITE CLOTHES”
- FLORA CASH SHARE VIDEO FOR SONG “SOUL MATE”
- DOVE CAMERON UNVEILS UNAPOLOGETICALLY LIBERATED NEW DISCO POP SINGLE “LAZYBABY”
- JOYNER LUCAS RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR “LEGEND (FEAT. RICK ROSS)
- THE KID LAROI RELEASES HIS ANTICIPATED NEW SINGLE “ADDISON RAE”
- TRISTEN RELEASES SECOND SONG FROM FIRST ALBUM IN FOUR YEARS
- TOMORROW X TOGETHER Release Official Music Video for next track “Magic Island”