HOLLY HUMBERSTONE RELEASES DEBUT EP FALLING ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL
Today, rising singer-songwriter Holly Humberstone has released her highly-anticipated debut EP Falling Asleep at the Wheel via Platoon. Tipped globally as one of 2020's biggest breakthrough artists, the 20-year-old has proven herself a transcendent talent this year with her acclaimed trio of debut singles “Deep End”, “Falling Asleep At The Wheel” and “Overkill”, which have amassed well over 20 million streams to date.
Influenced by the poetry books she was raised on, and created with producer Rob Milton (Easy Life) in the countryside house she grew up in, the EP blends Holly's dark and moody signature sound with searingly honest lyrics. The songs embrace and translate some of life's most intense feelings in a way that typical conversations all too often fail to capture, from mental health struggles to the dizzying feelings of falling for someone for the first time.
Holly has also debuted a music video for her new single ‘Drop Dead' today, a track which examines the relationships in our lives that we recognize are toxic, and yet can't stay away from. Featuring her Father's car — which can also be spotted in the videos for ‘Deep End', ‘Falling Asleep at the Wheel' and in her television debut performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! this week — the video embraces Holly's pent up emotions over her multiple failed driving tests. She decides to take vengeance by strapping “L plates” to the car and setting it ablaze!
On creating the video, Holly says: “I wanted the video concept to echo that feeling of something making you want to drop dead… when the rug is pulled from underneath you and you're falling. I kept thinking about my failed driving tests and how awful they made me feel, so I decided to cover my Dad's car in learner plates and burn it down. My way of saying up yours to the driving tests.”
The singer-songwriter continues to win fans across the globe including NME, Billboard, Coup De Main, Beats 1, Radio 1, KCRW and The New York Times, who praised the EP as “an absorbing affair” in their expansive profile on Holly earlier this week. Holly has also landed herself on the cover of Apple Music's coveted New Music Daily playlist, Spotify's hugely influential TGIF playlist and Rolling Stone's Breakthrough 25 Chart, signaling her emergence as one of the fastest rising artists of the month.
This week, Holly was named the most recent Apple Music Up Next Artist, a monthly artist program geared towards identifying, showcasing and elevating rising star talent and following in the footsteps of artists including Billie Eilish, Clairo, King Princess, Stefflon Don, Juice WLRD, Summer Walker, Tierra Whack, Koffee, Megan Thee Stallion, Conan Gray, and BENEE.
Holly recently performed “Overkill” and “Falling Asleep At The Wheel” for Vevo's DSCVR At Home series, an intimate live performance program that spotlights emerging talent shaping the future of music. With a performance at Glastonbury 2019 and an extended European support tour alongside Lewis Capaldi already under her belt, she's currently gearing up for a pair of upcoming sold-out headlining shows at Omeara.
Falling Asleep At The Wheel EP Tracklisting
- Deep End
- Falling Asleep At The Wheel
- Drop Dead
- Broccoli City Announces Superstars for the 2019 Broccoli City Festival
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- A NIGHT ON THE RIVER: Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Mississippi Night at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles With Participation of Memphis and Louisiana Artists on Thursday, Feb. 7
- BENEE PREMIERES VIDEO FOR “BLU”
- ASCAP EXPO Initial Lineup: 2019’s Chart-Toppers, GRAMMY Winners, Platinum Hitmakers Set to Inspire
- RUSS RELEASES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM ‘SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE’
- HARRY STYLES TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ADORE YOU” DECEMBER 6TH
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- JEREMY ZUCKER RETURNS WITH NEW SINGLE “supercuts”