Long Beach based trio half•alive return to release their new single “What’s Wrong” along with a tuxedoed, dance-heavy new music video via RCA Records.
“What’s Wrong” was written by half•alive and Ojivolta and produced by Ojivolta (Halsey, Shawn Mendes, Jon Bellion). The music video was conceptualized and produced by lead singer Josh Taylor, directed by Brantley Gutierrez, and choreographed by and features frequent, much-beloved half•alive collaborators JA Collective.
Says Josh, “There is a really funny story with how the hook of the chorus “Time’s always right to fix What’s Wrong” came to be. It randomly enough was actually a misquote from a conversation between Olivia Wilde & one of our creative directors Jordan, from JA Collective, who also happens to be my roommate. Olivia & JA were working together on a project a few months back & at one point Jordan noted how absurdly difficult it is to find choreographers on IMDB, but also noted that was a pretty minor problem considering the myriad of problems 2020 had brought to light. Olivia replied “the time is always right to do what’s right,” which Jordan misquoted to me later that evening, forming the line “Time’s always right to fix what’s wrong”. That line felt like the open door to address the social climate we’ve all been surrounded by for nearly a year now & prompted the idea of transformation of one’s immediate & eventually global environment by looking inward first, to look in the mirror & realize that is where the change is going to begin.
Creating the music video took the transformative theme of the song a step further by exploring one small crummy apartment seen in two radically different ways. Naturally we uniformed ourselves in tuxedos to stress the polarity even more. Trying to execute a video shoot in covid is incredibly challenging, but we didn’t realize how much covid was subtly influencing the story of the music video until we started location scouting. We felt strongly that there was something really special about filming it in a confined space, especially with that being the environment so many people have found themselves stuck in during quarantine – but transforming it into more. 2020 was a life changing year for many, for us it was a big break, being home and off the road all year, we were thankful for a breath to think, reflect & process, as many have had this year. A lot of what we reflected on was how now more than ever, there is a desperate need for hope & love & honesty and change. So at this point we can only trust that we’ve made something honest & hope those who hear ‘What’s Wrong’ will feel loved & begin to hope in something truly transformative.”
- LEYLA BLUE SINGER/SONGWRITER RELEASES DEBUT EP SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK, OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- LITTLE MIX RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ONE I’VE BEEN MISSING”
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Wins Best Original Song, Otherwise Snubbed
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- Own Orders New Episodes of Hit Saturday Night Series ‘Ready to Love’ And ‘Love and Marriage: Huntsville’
- CITY MORGUE RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR “YAKUZA” FROM RECENT MIXTAPE TOXIC BOOGALOO
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- HARRY STYLES TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ADORE YOU” DECEMBER 6TH