Continuing to put up numbers and receive critical acclaim, buzzing 17-year-old Boston-born and Atlanta-based rapper Guwop Reign shares a new single entitled “Super Pain” via Galactic Records/Republic Records today.
Stream “Super Pain” below:
Embracing a diverse sonic palette, his melodic verses cut through piano-laden production. Meanwhile, the confessional rhymes slip towards a hauntingly hypnotic hook. It’s equally emotional and catchy and highlights his elevated lyricism and slick vocals.
Just last month, he revealed “Shiesty” and kicked off 2021 with a bang. It paves the way for more to come this year!
Thus far, Guwop Reign has eclipsed 5 million-plus Soundcloud streams and earned glowing endorsements from tastemakers with Lyrical Lemonade crowning him “one of 2020’s standout stars.” Last year, he rolled through with a string of anthems, including “Demeanor.”
Additionally, his fan favorite song “Mulan 2” raked in a ton of streams. Lyrical Lemonade proclaimed, “The Atlanta native’s massive range shines and he is able to easily manipulate pitch and cadence to keep his songs continually interesting and simultaneously sonically pleasing.”
Meanwhile, The Daily Chiefers commented, “Atlanta’s own Guwop Reign is in the fast lane and firing off nothing but bangers in 2020.”
Music encodes life’s most important lessons. Beneath the beats and between the bars, Guwop Reign confronts the struggles of youth, depression, anxiety, friends-turned-into-foes, and relationships with a level of wisdom and perspective that belies his 16 years.
The Boston-born and Atlanta-based rapper flows with the intensity of an open wound as he tightly grips each melody. Streamed nearly four million times on Soundcloud, Reign built an avid fan base with one independent anthem after another including “Money Talk,” “Fly,” and “No Love” plus tastemaker praise from Lyrical Lemonade and Elevator Magazine.
Landing a deal with Galactic Records in partnership with Republic Records the young prodigy released his single “Mulan 2” in 2020 and prepares to make his full-length debut for the label. Drawing on diverse influences such as Tupac, Future, Young Thug, and Rihanna, he asserts himself as a melodic hip-hop force ready for the spotlight.
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- KISS ANNOUNCED TODAY THE END OF THE ROAD COMES TO ITS END
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Wins Best Original Song, Otherwise Snubbed
- J HUS SCORES NUMBER 1 ALBUM IN THE UK WITH HIS SOPHOMORE ALBUM BIG CONSPIRACY
- MULTI-PLATINUM ALTERNATIVE BAND NEON TREES RETURN WITH LONG-AWAITED NEW SINGLE “USED TO LIKE”
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- THE BUZZING SIXTEEN YEAR OLD RAPPER FROM AUSTRALIA RELEASES NEW SINGLE “LET HER GO” TODAY VIA COLUMBIA RECORDS
- MEGHAN TRAINOR’S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED THIRD ALBUM TREAT MYSELF OUT NOW
- DVSN SHARE NEW VIDEO FOR “NO CRYIN” FEAT. FUTURE
- JP COOPER RELEASES VIDEO FOR ‘THE REASON WHY’ FT. STEFFLON DON AND BANX & RANX