MAKES U.S. TV DEBUT PERFORMING “BLACK HOLE” ON LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS – WATCH HERE
“Multicultural, multi-hyphenated, and multi-talented…four walls can’t confine this utterly unique teenager.”- British Vogue
“Move over Dua Lipa, because Griff is well on her way to becoming the next face of British pop.” – Elle UK
“GRIFF is the hottest new artist to come out of the UK since Dua Lipa.” – V Mag
“…the hottest thing out of the UK since beans on toast.”– Flaunt
Newly crowned ‘Rising Star’ BRIT-Award-winner, Griff has announced the June 11th release date of her upcoming mixtape ‘One Foot In Front Of The Other,’ available for pre-order HERE.
The twenty-year old phenomenon was announced last Friday as the recipient of the prestigious BRIT Award, following past winners Adele, Sam Smith, Florene and the Machine, Ellie Goulding.
James Bay and others and will appear at the BRIT Awards on May 11th. She made her U.S. television debut last night on Late Night With Seth Meyers, performing her current top 10 UK hit “Black Hole.” Watch the captivating performance HERE.
‘One Foot In Front Of The Other,’ in Griff’s own words, “is a collection of songs I’ve written during lockdown. It’s been weird making music in this time, not really experiencing real life, but I think what’s come out of feeling so uncertain about the future is knowing that all you can do is take another step. I’ve also produced the majority of this mixtape – I heard a stat that 2% of music producers are women, and so it feels important that as a young female in the music industry I should empower myself and continue to properly do it. It was challenging, but I hope in doing so ‘One Foot In Front of The Other’ feels like a raw, emotional, and unpolished body of work.”
A truly fearless, multi-faceted talent, ‘One Foot In Front Of The Other’ is a summary of Griff’s do-it-yourself approach to life. Born to Chinese and Jamaican parents just outside of London, she started making music in secret during her high school years. Songs across the mixtape follow “Black Hole” down that rabbit hole of modern teenage life, exploring big themes (young love, mental health, family, and friendship) in Griff’s own distinct style.
And already, Griff’s is the type of creative curiosity that draws no boundaries between making beats, designing your own clothes, or taking over Tate Modern for just her second ever London show last fall. It’s a balancing act she walks quite literally on her beautiful new mixtape artwork, where – says Griff – “I learnt to tight-rope walk! It’s so difficult but I knew I had to get the shot and capture that feeling that you could fall at any second – because that’s how I feel at all times, and it’s what the songs on this project capture.” Trusting yourself to put ‘One Foot In The Other’ is an attitude true of this new generation of pop stars, and the next step in Griff’s incredible journey to date.
One Foot In Front Of The Other’ is available to preorder here, with bundles including personalized + signed vinyl, tape, CD, plus exclusive merch designed by Griff.
- Black Hole
- One Night
- Shade Of Yellow
- One Foot In Front Of The Other
- Earl Grey
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- LITTLE MIX RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ONE I’VE BEEN MISSING”
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Wins Best Original Song, Otherwise Snubbed
- LEYLA BLUE SINGER/SONGWRITER RELEASES DEBUT EP SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK, OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- HARRY STYLES TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ADORE YOU” DECEMBER 6TH
- SIX60 RELEASE THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR “PLEASE DON’T GO”
- ROME RAMIREZ OF SUBLIME WITH ROME ANNOUNCES ROME & DUDDY FRIENDS & FAMILY TOUR
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep