GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING R&B ICON BRANDY RELEASES NEW ALBUM, b7, TODAY!!
“[b7] … is a Brandy project that feels more ‘Brandy’ than ever, with vocal production and arrangements that lean all the way into her instantly recognizable rich and smoky tone” – EW
“After years of being the muse for songwriters and producers including Timbaland and Rodney Jerkins, the luxuriant, experimental R&B of ‘b7” finds her co-writing and co-producing on every song.”
“’b7’… is classic Brandy… anchored by a voice still deep enough to swim in”
Eight years seems like a lifetime to wait, and finally GRAMMY Award-winning singer/songwriter Brandy releases her highly anticipated seventh studio album, b7, today via Brand Nu Entertainment/Entertainment One (“eOne”). Executive produced by Brandy along with DJ Camper and LaShawn Daniels, this 15-track confessional is her most personal to date as she debuts her writing skills for the first time in her career.
With songs like “No Tomorrow,” and the instant-grat track “Rather Be,” Brandy was able to take her life’s lessons and channel them into her first masterpiece as an independent artist. The album also features Daniel Caesar on the GRAMMY-nominated single “Love Again,” which has garnered over 85 Million streams worldwide, Chance The Rapper, and her daughter Sy-rai Smith who appears on the single “High Heels” and background vocals for “Baby Mama.” Other featured producers and writers include Hit Boy, Cory Rooney, Victoria Monét, Antonio “Tony” Dixon, Kim “Kaydence” Krysiuk among others. The album is available now at all physical and digital retailers.
Also today, she releases the powerful video for her new single “Borderline.” The dark, edgy track has Brandy interrogating her relationship with love over a hypnotic, downtempo groove. The haunting video for “Borderline” was directed by Derek Blanks and illustrates the darker, emotional loneliness that can take over a romantic relationship.
“This is my most personal album to date,” says Brandy. “Every song tells a story.”
“Borderline” is at radio now and follows her single, “Baby Mama,” which is currently Top 10 on Billboard’s Adult R&B Songs chart. Watch the video for “Baby Mama,” ft. Chance the Rapper, here.
b7 marries the silky, smooth vibe she established on Never Say Never with the groundbreaking experimentation of Full Moon, albums that are revered as R&B blueprints for their use of multi-layered harmonies, unconventional song structures and forward-thinking electro-soul beats. The album explores Brandy’s journey over the last few years, and how she came to be the resilient, spiritually grounded women she is today.
1. Saving All My Love
2. Unconditional Oceans
3. Rather Be
4. All My Life, Pt. 1
5. Lucid Dreams
7. No Tomorrow
8. Say Something
9. All My Life, Pt. 2
10. I am More
11. High Heels (Brandy & Sy’rai)
12. Baby Mama (feat. Chance the Rapper)
13. All My Life, Pt. 3
14. Love Again (Brandy & Daniel Caesar)
15. Bye Bipolar
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- HARRY STYLES RELEASES NEW SONG “WATERMELON SUGAR” FROM UPCOMING ALBUM FINE LINE
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- CITY MORGUE RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR “YAKUZA” FROM RECENT MIXTAPE TOXIC BOOGALOO
- KAMAIYAH RELEASES NEW SINGLE & VIDEO “STILL I AM”
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- 24KGOLDN AND IANN DIOR PLAY IT COOL IN NEW SONG “MOOD”
- keshi releases new track “more”