Today, Glass Animals shares the enthralling official music video for their current single, “Your Love (Déjà vu)”—watch HERE!
The video was made using a hybrid of organic and thermal imagery and features the band in a distorted, medicalized and twisted digital reality—bringing the song to life in an eerily-prophetic way only Glass Animals could.
“Your Love (Déjà vu)” was released last month and is a tantalizing first hint of what is to come from Glass Animals’ third studio album. It speaks of an addiction to a painful, toxic relationship, while sonically paying tribute to Missy Elliott, early Justin Timberlake and Pharrell’s production. The single is welcomed with exceptionally high praise from fans and critics, and it is rapidly climbing the Alternative and AAA Charts, currently sitting in the Top 20 at Alternative and at #34 at AAA. “Your Love (Déjà vu)” is also rising on Spotify’s U.S. Viral 50 Chart.
Over the last few days from his own studio, Dave Bayley of Glass Animals has also launched a ‘Quarantine Covers’ series on YouTube and shared it on their socials to entertain fans at home. The first episode saw Dave cover Nirvana’s “Heart Shaped Box” and lay bare his production process—check it out and stay tuned for further additions HERE.
It is going to be a whirlwind year for Glass Animals—the universally-adored British four-piece fronted by Dave Bayley with his bandmates and childhood friends, Joe Seaward, Ed Irwin-Singer and Drew Macfarlane. As well as producing both ZABA and How To Be A Human Being, Dave has produced “Your Love (Déjà vu)” and in the past worked with a number of artists outside of the band, including 6lack, Khalid, Joey Bada$$, DJ Dahi, Flume and MorMor.
The tone for the newest Glass Animals chapter was set when they dropped bombshell release “Tokyo Drifting” feat. Denzel Curry at the close of last year, the first release since drummer Joe Seaward’s cycling accident in 2018. Its success sparked a terrific wave of emotion and energy, which fortified the band to embark on an extensive but incredibly intimate run of shows around North America within the past month. The tour sold out in just a few minutes and had The Boston Globe praising, “Embarking on what they call the “Déjà vu” tour feels understandably like a triumphant moment,” and Billboard hailing, “Glass Animals are known for putting on an electrifying live show…they lived up to their reputation.”
Stay tuned for more news from Glass Animals!
- OLIVIA O’BRIEN LAUNCHES INNOVATIVE MICROMIXTAPE CONCEPT WITH TWO-SONG RELEASE, IT WAS A SAD F**KING SUMMER
- ASHNIKKO UNLEASHES ALIEN-COWGIRL INSPIRED VIDEO FOR “WORKING BITCH”
- SKIP MARLEY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MAKE ME FEEL” FEATURING RICK ROSS & ARI LENNOX
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”
- THE KID LAROI RELEASES HIS ANTICIPATED NEW SINGLE “ADDISON RAE”
- SKIP MARLEY & H.E.R. PERFORM + INTERVIEW ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA
- PHOTOS + VIDEO: Music Midtown 2019 – Cardi B, Billie Eilish, Travis Scott, Panic! At The Disco, Vampire Weekend, Lizzo and more
- keshi releases new track “more”
- WATCH CAMILA CABELLO’S APPLE MUSIC “NEW MUSIC DAILY PRESENTS” LIVE PERFORMANCE