Glass Animals Release Quarantine Covers Part 1 EP
Due to popular demand, Glass Animals have today released the first portion of their ‘Quarantine Covers’. They’ve also unveiled their own brand-new fully interactive Open Source Website – a unique online hub which will give their fans tools to create their own art and music during quarantine.
With their world tour temporarily on hold, Glass Animals front-man Dave Bayley has been busy creating music from his home studio and over the last few weeks, as the country has been on lockdown, has filmed and recorded a cover of both Nirvana’s ‘Heart Shaped Box’ and Lana Del Rey’s ‘Young & Beautiful’ (which launched the COLORS new live streaming platform). Overwhelmed with the response, the band have released the pair of covers and are now available to stream HERE.
The band are also proud to share their Open Source website where they have shared layered artwork, a special set of audio stems, samples and various other materials (including unseen photos, videos and GIF’s) which are available to download. From there, fans will be able to build their own music, Instagram lenses, animated videos, illustrations, alternative artwork, GIF’s, 3D videos and remixes – all using the tools that the band will provide.
On making the website, Dave says – “Isolation can drive us all crazy. But, at the same time, it could be quite healthy for people’s creativity. I find creating things helps me keep my head straight. All the frustration of being locked in can be released by making something. In the modern age where literally ANYTHING is possible, that canvas is sort of so blank it can be a black hole. So the main hurdle is often finding that initial piece of inspiration, that nugget that kicks off an idea and can be built on. Sometimes it’s a sound, sometimes it’s a graphic, sometimes it’s a photograph, or a tiny film clip…it’s usually some kind of raw-ish material that has the capacity to be transformed, re-imagined, twisted and reshaped into something else. This site will host all GA output in its rawest forms. Bits of code from our websites, drum/synth/sfx sounds I made for our songs, layered photoshop files from covers, 3D scans of stuff from around my house used in the latest artwork (including my own head) etc etc. Anyway – I hope it inspires someone to make something and I hope it gives someone an outlet for their confusion in this strange time.”
Visit Open Source HEREFans can then share their creations via #GlassAnimals on Twitter and Instagram, with the band sharing their favorites on a weekly basis. You can follow the Instagram hashtag here and Twitter here. OPEN SOURCE will be updated regularly with new files – which the band are calling ‘Expansion packs’. Fans can add their emails to get updates.
Elsewhere, Glass Animals current single ‘Your Love (Déjà Vu) has just finished a long residency on the Radio 1 playlist and continues to garner support from all corners (including in the US where it also continues to build – sitting at 20 at Triple A and #13 at Alternative Radio). More new music is expected from the band very soon. Stay tuned.
Glass Animals ‘Quarantine Covers’ Part 1.
Nirvana – ‘Heart Shaped Box’
Lana Del Rey – ‘Young & Beautiful’
- LEYLA BLUE SINGER/SONGWRITER RELEASES DEBUT EP SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK, OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- KAMAIYAH RELEASES NEW SINGLE & VIDEO “STILL I AM”
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- TOM WALKER RELEASES WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE DELUXE EDITION TODAY
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- HARRY STYLES RELEASES NEW SONG “WATERMELON SUGAR” FROM UPCOMING ALBUM FINE LINE
- MULTI-PLATINUM ALTERNATIVE BAND NEON TREES RETURN WITH LONG-AWAITED NEW SINGLE “USED TO LIKE”