GLASS ANIMALS PREMIERES VIDEO FOR “TOKYO DRIFTING” FT. DENZEL CURRY
Hot off the heels of releasing their recent collaboration “Tokyo Drifting” feat. Denzel Curry, Glass Animals drops the video for their latest single today. “Tokyo Drifting” is part of the band’s Fresh Fruit series of collaborations. The video was directed by rubberband and shot in Yonkers, New York.
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR “TOKYO DRIFTING” HERE!
On the inspiration behind the video, rubberband says, “We were inspired by a variety of things: the handmade nature of Iza Genzken’s collage work, 90’s video games, 80’s comic books. We sort of filtered all this through the lens of the myth of the Minotaur. The video was shot in Yonkers at an abandoned Catholic school (I’m sure the church would be thrilled). We really wish the toilets had worked…”
They continue, saying, “Mostly, we just wanted to make something that felt different. Post was a lot like playing jazz, we experimented with a wide variety of different animation techniques and titling. In the end, Dave put a lot of trust in us and we are very grateful for that.”
The single has already received widespread critical acclaim from Billboard, The FADER, HYPEBEAST, Genius, E! News, Consequence Of Sound, HotNewHipHop and many more, with Billboard proclaiming, “Glass Animals are back, and in case you were wondering: they’ve “still got it”” and E! News hailing the song as “a sign of good things to come.”
Glass Animals is a British four-piece project led by singer, songwriter and producer Dave Bayley with his bandmates and childhood friends Joe Seaward, Ed Irwin-Singer and Drew Macfarlane. Their second album How To Be A Human Being was one of the most critically acclaimed and widely adored records of 2016 and went on to be nominated for the Mercury Album Of The Year Award in 2017. As well as producing both ZABA and How to be a Human Being, Dave has worked with a number of artists outside of the band, including 6lack, Khalid, Joey Bada$$, DJ Dahi, Flume and MorMor.
Last month, Glass Animals played a surprise show at Oxford’s The Bullingdon, which (unsurprisingly) sold out in 37 seconds. Stay tuned for more live plans from Glass Animals in the new year…
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- Owen Releases Debut Track + Music Video for “Baby Girl”
- Rising Somali-Norwegian Artist MUSTI Premieres “Lion King” video via Complex
- CASPER BLUFF RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MY SHAWTY” FEATURING COCA VANGO TODAY
- SKIP MARLEY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “MAKE ME FEEL” FEATURING RICK ROSS & ARI LENNOX
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”
- keshi releases new track “more”
- CONAN GRAY RELEASES VIDEO FOR NEW SINGLE “MANIAC” TODAY VIDEO CO-STARS JESSICA BARDEN (STAR OF NETFLIX’S END OF THE F***ING WORLD) THE COMFORT CROWD TOUR KICKS OFF NEXT WEEK
- BENEE PREMIERES VIDEO FOR “BLU”
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR