GLASS ANIMALS PREMIERES VIDEO FOR “TOKYO DRIFTING” FT. DENZEL CURRY
Hot off the heels of releasing their recent collaboration “Tokyo Drifting” feat. Denzel Curry, Glass Animals drops the video for their latest single today. “Tokyo Drifting” is part of the band’s Fresh Fruit series of collaborations. The video was directed by rubberband and shot in Yonkers, New York.
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR “TOKYO DRIFTING” HERE!
On the inspiration behind the video, rubberband says, “We were inspired by a variety of things: the handmade nature of Iza Genzken’s collage work, 90’s video games, 80’s comic books. We sort of filtered all this through the lens of the myth of the Minotaur. The video was shot in Yonkers at an abandoned Catholic school (I’m sure the church would be thrilled). We really wish the toilets had worked…”
They continue, saying, “Mostly, we just wanted to make something that felt different. Post was a lot like playing jazz, we experimented with a wide variety of different animation techniques and titling. In the end, Dave put a lot of trust in us and we are very grateful for that.”
The single has already received widespread critical acclaim from Billboard, The FADER, HYPEBEAST, Genius, E! News, Consequence Of Sound, HotNewHipHop and many more, with Billboard proclaiming, “Glass Animals are back, and in case you were wondering: they’ve “still got it”” and E! News hailing the song as “a sign of good things to come.”
Glass Animals is a British four-piece project led by singer, songwriter and producer Dave Bayley with his bandmates and childhood friends Joe Seaward, Ed Irwin-Singer and Drew Macfarlane. Their second album How To Be A Human Being was one of the most critically acclaimed and widely adored records of 2016 and went on to be nominated for the Mercury Album Of The Year Award in 2017. As well as producing both ZABA and How to be a Human Being, Dave has worked with a number of artists outside of the band, including 6lack, Khalid, Joey Bada$$, DJ Dahi, Flume and MorMor.
Last month, Glass Animals played a surprise show at Oxford’s The Bullingdon, which (unsurprisingly) sold out in 37 seconds. Stay tuned for more live plans from Glass Animals in the new year…
- BENEE UNVEILS OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “NIGHT GARDEN” FEAT. KENNY BEATS & BAKAR
- The Boomtown Rats Release “Trash Glam Baby”, the first single off upcoming 3/13/20 album, Citizens of Boomtown
- iHeartMedia Indianapolis announced today that Mike Killabrew will return as the Senior Vice President of Programming
- ASHNIKKO UNLEASHES ALIEN-COWGIRL INSPIRED VIDEO FOR “WORKING BITCH”
- HARRY STYLES ANNOUNCES 2020 WORLD TOUR
- keshi releases new song + music video “always”
- SARCASTIC SOUNDS SHARES ATMOSPHERIC NEW SONG “SCARED OF THE WORLD”
- SCOREY RELEASES NEW SINGLE “LOVE LETTER”
- VILDHJARTA ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM MÅSSTADEN UNDER VATTEN
- MULTIPLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST AND PRODUCER RUSS ANNOUNCES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE SET FOR RELEASE JANUARY 31