Gentleman Jack Double Mellowed Tennessee Whiskey together with Codeblack Entertainment announces the return of Gentleman Jack Real to Reel, a national contest showcasing the creativity and talent of up-and-coming Black filmmakers.
The winner of the national competition will receive $10,000 and the opportunity to screen their short film at this year’s American Black Film Festival in Miami to an exclusive audience of industry professionals.
“We’re excited to continue our work to help forge a way for multicultural filmmakers as the issue around diverse representation among movie producers and directors continues to be a topic of discussion,” says Ben Osei, Associate Brand Manager – Gentleman Jack. “We look forward to seeing the creative projects and talented people coming through this year’s Gentleman Jack Real to Reel program and national contest.”
Now in its third year, Gentleman Jack Real to Reel is proud to once again partner with award-winning actor, producer and writer Omari Hardwick to help advocate the importance of inspiring and developing more diverse voices in the film industry.
“Gentleman Jack’s Real to Reel program continues to help build diversity in Hollywood,” says Omari Hardwick. “I’m proud to continue this partnership to help open doors for new talent in Black cinema.”
The 2018 winning film, Daddy’s Big Girl, shifted seamlessly between heart-wrenching and uplifting in a stirring account leveraging childhood, fatherhood and love’s power to transcend life’s greatest losses. Filmmaker Damien Smith and Daddy’s Big Girl will be highlighted during the 2019 Real to Reel program.
“Through Real to Reel, Gentleman Jack has created an important platform for me and other filmmakers to make our dreams become reality,” says Damien D. Smith. “I’m grateful for the opportunity and the resources Gentleman Jack and Codeblack Entertainment have provided to help support my career and take it to the next level.”
In conjunction with the national contest, the program also spotlights local talent as part of a six-city screening tour. Each stop will feature a panel discussion with industry experts and will showcase projects from local filmmakers. The 2019 Gentleman Jack Real to Reel local screening tour will visit:
- Los Angeles
- New York City
The Gentleman Jack Real to Reel contest is open to individuals who have created, directed and/or written a film in which they own the rights. Entrants must be 21 years old or older at the time of submission. Entries close on May 5, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Submissions will be judged by a panel of industry experts, based on the following criteria: screenwriting, production quality and entertainment value. For more information on Real to Reel, contest submissions, official rules and local screening events, please visit GentlemanJackFilm.com.
New this year, the program will also feature a sweepstakes where one lucky winner will receive $500 and a trip for two to New York to attend a private watch party hosted by Omari Hardwick to view the final season of POWER. The “Watch Party with Omari Hardwick” Sweepstakes ends on May 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. To enter, text GJWATCH to 68405 during the sweepstakes period. For official sweepstakes rules or to enter online, visit JackDaniels.com/WatchParty.
- WARNER RECORDS AND AFFILIATED LABELS ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES IN CELEBRATION OF RECORD STORE DAY 2021
- Katy J Pearson Shares New Track “Hey You”
- ALLAN RAYMAN RELEASES NEW SONG “CHIEF”
- ASCAP EXPO Initial Lineup: 2019’s Chart-Toppers, GRAMMY Winners, Platinum Hitmakers Set to Inspire
- THE BLACK CROWES Present SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER 2020 WORLD TOUR
- LITTLE HURT RELEASES NEW TRACK “IT’S OK NOT TO BE OK” AND ACCOMPANYING VIDEO TODAY
- Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Eric Church, Garth Brooks, P!NK, and The Rolling Stones Lead Nominees for 31st Annual Pollstar Awards
- Iann Dior RELEASES “FLOWERS” VISUAL FROM ALBUM INDUSTRY PLANT
- James TW Releases New Track, “Suitcase” From Upcoming Album, Chapters
- SIX TIMEGRAMMY-NOMINATED R&B POWERHOUSE TAMIA CELEBRATES THE HOLIDAY SEASON WITH THE RELEASE OF THE CLASSIC “SOMEDAY AT CHRISTMAS”