G4 BOYZ LOCAL SCAMMER REMIX FT. IVORIAN DOLL
After becoming the first artists to unite the hyper-localized drill scenes of London, New York, and Chicago on a track with their Chief Keef featuring remix of “Local Scammer”, G4 Boyz are back with an exclusive remix of the track that everyone is talking about, this time courtesy of drill’s reigning queen, Ivorian Doll.
Originally released at the tail end of 2019, Local Scammer’s infectious and unique take on transatlantic drill has generated a groundswell of buzz, amplified by radio support across BBC 1Xtra, BBC Radio 1, Capital Xtra, Beats 1, Rinse FM and NTS. With the track also taking off across TikTok and Triller’s global playlists, Local Scammer has already racked up over 3M streams to date and inspired Chicago drill innovator Chief Keef to make a rare feature appearance. Now, it’s Ivorian Doll’s turn to guest on the biggest underground hit of the year. With her hard as nails bars and effortlessly slick delivery, this distinctly British remix serves as a fitting tribute to the guy’s home away from home.
Speaking on the track, G4 Boyz say “we’re glad more people are paying more attention to African culture and seeing how relatable we are to everybody who’s hustling and grinding. We’re excited to link up with Ivorian Doll for something special for the UK” while Ivorian Doll says, “I loved this record as soon as I first heard it, I even said to a friend of mine ‘imagine if I was in the remix’ and we laughed”
Comprised of charismatic brothers Ice Baby and Buggy of Nigerian/Ghanaian descent, Local Scammer showcases everything that is unique about the duo. Already well-known in their native NY and with collaborations with A$AP Rocky, Rich the Kid and Tory Lanez under their belt, the group’s latest single features production from London-based producer FNR Beats (well known for his work with drill heavyweight RV) and sees both brothers’ unique flows paired with UK affiliate G4choppa’s distinctively British delivery on the chorus. With over 2m views already on the official video and love from UK artists like Russ, Darkoo and Swarmz, the result is a unique, transatlantic twist on the drill sound that is quickly becoming a talking point on both sides of the pond. The duo also recently sold out a last-minute Camden Assembly show at the start of March where friends Tion Wayne and A$AP Rocky joined them on stage as special guests.
Keep posted for more exciting G4 Boyz news very soon.
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Wins Best Original Song, Otherwise Snubbed
- LITTLE MIX RELEASE NEW SINGLE “ONE I’VE BEEN MISSING”
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- Own Orders New Episodes of Hit Saturday Night Series ‘Ready to Love’ And ‘Love and Marriage: Huntsville’
- JP COOPER RELEASES VIDEO FOR ‘THE REASON WHY’ FT. STEFFLON DON AND BANX & RANX
- SIX60 RELEASE THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR “PLEASE DON’T GO”
- ROME RAMIREZ OF SUBLIME WITH ROME ANNOUNCES ROME & DUDDY FRIENDS & FAMILY TOUR