“This Is Us” and “Black Panther” star Sterling K. Brown will receive the NAB Television Chairman’s Award during the NAB: We Are Broadcasters Celebration on Tuesday, April 9 at the 2019 NAB Show in Las Vegas. The award honors individuals for significant achievements in television.
Brown currently stars in NBC’s “This Is Us.” He received an Emmy and a Golden Globe for the role, becoming the first African American actor to win Best Actor in a TV Series in the Golden Globe’s 75-year history. Brown was also the first African American actor to receive the SAG Award for Outstanding Male Actor in a Drama, and twice received a SAG award alongside his cast for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
In 2018, Brown co-starred in Marvel’s record-breaking and Oscar nominated blockbuster “Black Panther.” This year, he will star in four films, including Sony’s “Angry Birds 2,” Paramount’s “The Rhythm Section,” Disney’s “Frozen 2” and A24’s “Waves.” In 2017, he co-starred in the drama “Marshall,” for which he received an NAACP Image Award nomination for his performance.
In 2016, Brown portrayed prosecutor Christopher Darden in FX’s highly-rated award-winning television event series “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story.” He won an Emmy Award and Critics Choice Award for the role and was nominated for a Golden Globe, SAG Award and NAACP Image Award. He previously starred in Lifetime’s acclaimed series “Army Wives.” His other television appearances include hosting “Saturday Night Live,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “Insecure,” “Supernatural” and “Criminal Minds,” among others.
“Sterling Brown is a remarkably gifted actor who continues to break barriers with the range of characters he portrays on TV and the big screen,” said NAB Television Board Chairman Jordan Wertlieb. “We are honored to recognize Mr. Brown for his acting craft and his ability to connect with audiences of all types.”
Established to recognize individuals for significant achievement in one or more specific art disciplines in television, the NAB Television Chairman's Award first debuted in 2009 with four-time Emmy and two-time Golden Globe-winning actor Kelsey Grammar as the recipient. The last recipient was television and film actress Kristin Bell in 2018.
- GLASS ANIMALS PREMIERES VIDEO FOR “TOKYO DRIFTING” FT. DENZEL CURRY
- RISING R&B ARTIST SAVANNAH CRISTINA UNVEILS “F’D UP” FEAT. FLO MILLI
- 645AR DROPS NEW TRACK & VIDEO “IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER”
- MAROON 5 ANNOUNCE 2020 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
- SKIP MARLEY RELEASES NEW MUSIC VIDEO FOR SINGLE “SLOW DOWN” WITH H.E.R.!
- ALA.NI Releases New Song and Video “Lament for Emmett Till” Benefitting The Emmett Till Legacy Foundation
- “AUTOMATIC” by DAY KORNEGAY MUSIC VIDEO
- SUPERSTAR RAPPERS NASTY C & T.I. PERFORM PROTEST ANTHEM “THEY DON’T” ON LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS
- KID CUDI AND EMINEM UNLEASH NEW SINGLE “THE ADVENTURES OF MOON MAN & SLIM SHADY”
- THE ROOTS’ BLACK THOUGHT ANNOUNCES UPCOMING EP STREAMS OF THOUGHT, VOL. 3: CANE AND ABEL SET TO RELEASE JULY 31ST