“This Is Us” and “Black Panther” star Sterling K. Brown will receive the NAB Television Chairman’s Award during the NAB: We Are Broadcasters Celebration on Tuesday, April 9 at the 2019 NAB Show in Las Vegas. The award honors individuals for significant achievements in television.
Brown currently stars in NBC’s “This Is Us.” He received an Emmy and a Golden Globe for the role, becoming the first African American actor to win Best Actor in a TV Series in the Golden Globe’s 75-year history. Brown was also the first African American actor to receive the SAG Award for Outstanding Male Actor in a Drama, and twice received a SAG award alongside his cast for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
In 2018, Brown co-starred in Marvel’s record-breaking and Oscar nominated blockbuster “Black Panther.” This year, he will star in four films, including Sony’s “Angry Birds 2,” Paramount’s “The Rhythm Section,” Disney’s “Frozen 2” and A24’s “Waves.” In 2017, he co-starred in the drama “Marshall,” for which he received an NAACP Image Award nomination for his performance.
In 2016, Brown portrayed prosecutor Christopher Darden in FX’s highly-rated award-winning television event series “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story.” He won an Emmy Award and Critics Choice Award for the role and was nominated for a Golden Globe, SAG Award and NAACP Image Award. He previously starred in Lifetime’s acclaimed series “Army Wives.” His other television appearances include hosting “Saturday Night Live,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “Insecure,” “Supernatural” and “Criminal Minds,” among others.
“Sterling Brown is a remarkably gifted actor who continues to break barriers with the range of characters he portrays on TV and the big screen,” said NAB Television Board Chairman Jordan Wertlieb. “We are honored to recognize Mr. Brown for his acting craft and his ability to connect with audiences of all types.”
Established to recognize individuals for significant achievement in one or more specific art disciplines in television, the NAB Television Chairman’s Award first debuted in 2009 with four-time Emmy and two-time Golden Globe-winning actor Kelsey Grammar as the recipient. The last recipient was television and film actress Kristin Bell in 2018.
- KISS ANNOUNCED TODAY THE END OF THE ROAD COMES TO ITS END
- PICTURE THIS RELEASE NEW SINGLE “WINONA RYDER” TODAY
- Balthazar Share New Track “Halfway”
- J HUS SCORES NUMBER 1 ALBUM IN THE UK WITH HIS SOPHOMORE ALBUM BIG CONSPIRACY
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- CHELSEA CUTLER ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM HOW TO BE HUMAN PREMIERES VIDEO FOR LATEST SINGLE “LUCKY” FEAT. ALEXANDER 23
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- RUSS RELEASES THIRD MAJOR LABEL ALBUM ‘SHAKE THE SNOW GLOBE’