Africa’s most-followed musician, King of Afrobeats – Davido, is back with a brand new single “Risky featuring Popcaan” live across all digital streaming platforms now.
Watch the video for “Risky”: http://smarturl.it/DavidoRisky/youtube
Listen to “Risky”: https://smarturl.it/DavidoRisky
“Risky” will be featured on his highly-anticipated forthcoming album A Good Time due out November 22 via Davido Worldwide Entertainment/Sony Music U.K./ RCA Records. Fans who pre-order A Good Time, will receive Davido’s hit singles “Fall,”, “Assurance,” “If,” and “Blow My Mind” instantly.
Pre-order the album: https://smarturl.it/DavidoAGT
Hot on the heels of recent smash hit collaboration on “Blow My Mind”, “with Chris Brown, “Risky” is produced by Speroach Beatz, the beatmaker behind Davido’s previous hit “Assurance.” The accompanying video is directed by Meji Alabi (Burna Boy, Kojo Funds, Mr Eazi, Tiwa Savage) and sees the multiple award winning singer, songwriter connected with Jamaica’s Popcaan in London for a visual tale that gives a respectful nod to British TV series “Top Boy.” Watch “Risky” HERE.
2019 has already been a phenomenal year for Davido. Kickstarting with a sold out date at London’s prestigious O2 Arena, his massive single “Fall,” infiltrating Billboard’s Hot R&B chart, going on to be noted as the longest charting Nigerian pop song in Billboard history, as well as being one of America’s most Shazamed songs of this year. The accompanying video broke a further record as the first by a Nigerian artist to break through the 100 million views mark on YouTube, standing now at a staggering 148 million views and counting. This summer has seen him as a headline across some of the world’s biggest festivals including Amsterdam’s Oh My Festival, Portugal’s first ever AfroNation and Dubai’s 1Africa Festival.
With an unmatched work rate, Davido has delivered back to back hits since his musical debut in 2011. Breaking out with successive singles “Back When,” “Dami Duro,” ” “Gobe,” “Aye” and “Skelewu,” the latter would enjoy attention from Major Lazer and Wiwek who went on to remix the single. His 2016 Son Of Mercy EP continued his elevation and would see further global collaborations with DJ Snake, Trey Songz, Tory Lanez, Meek Mill, Tinashe, Olamide and more. With a discography attesting to over 251 million global streams and 400 million video views, the Afrobeats forerunner has very much established himself as a force to be reckoned with.
Born in Atlanta, Georgia and raised in Nigeria, 26-year-old Davido (real name David Adedeji Adeleke) has been a champion for the continent of Africa. He chose to chase his music dreams and whilst doing so earned over 30 awards including a MOBO for Best African Act, MTV EMA for Best International Act, three MTV Africa Music Awards, two BET Awards and two Nigerian Teen Choice Awards for “Top Featured Artist” and “Choice Male Artist.”
- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR CHRIS BROWN WON BIG AT THE BET PRESENTS: 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- RADIUS CHICAGO – New Music Venue Coming Early 2020 w. Dillon Francis, Killswitch Engage, Lil Wayne, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- 24KGOLDN AND IANN DIOR PLAY IT COOL IN NEW SONG “MOOD”
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- HARRY STYLES RELEASES NEW SONG “WATERMELON SUGAR” FROM UPCOMING ALBUM FINE LINE
- keshi releases new track “more”
- MULTI-PLATINUM ALTERNATIVE BAND NEON TREES RETURN WITH LONG-AWAITED NEW SINGLE “USED TO LIKE”
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- CITY MORGUE RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR “YAKUZA” FROM RECENT MIXTAPE TOXIC BOOGALOO