COUNTRY ARTIST ORVILLE PECK RELEASES NEW EP SHOW PONY FEATURING DUET WITH GLOBAL ICON SHANIA TWAIN
Columbia Records is proud to share Show Pony, the eagerly awaited EP from country artist and songwriter Orville Peck. Listen to the EP, which is available worldwide everywhere. The self-produced 6-track EP features new songs including a duet with reigning Queen of Country Pop and Global Icon Shania Twain, “Legends Never Die,” as well as a cover of Bobbie Gentry’s “Fancy.”
- No Glory in the West
- Drive Me, Crazy
- Legends Never Die (duet with Shania Twain)
In addition to the release of “Show Pony”, the official video for “Legends Never Die” is now live.
Directed by Cameron Duddy of Midland, with narrative and creative direction by Peck and his creative director Carlos Santolalla, the video is chock full of cameos including Jaida Essence Hall (winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race), singer Evil and acclaimed filmmaker John Waters who serves as the narrator to the introduction. The true stars of the video are Orville and Shania Twain; clad in an extra long fringed mask and animal print respectively, they take the already kicking Nashville party into overdrive.
Orville Peck and Shania Twain will perform “Legends Never Die” on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on August 17th. Fans can tune into NBC on August 17th at 11:35 pm EST for the performance.
Says Orville Peck, “Show Pony is the EP I’ve always wanted to make. Having spent the past year on the road and then in quarantine, I was able to reflect on all that had happened since the release of Pony and expand upon it. This is a collection of stories and I hope listeners will join me in them. I cannot thank Shania enough for being part of this; she has always been a hero of mine and her music made me feel so empowered growing up. As cliché as it sounds, recording with her and getting to get up on stage and sing with her in Nashville is a dream come true. No words really.”
Prior to the release of Show Pony, Orville shared two tracks: “Summertime” which explores hope and the belief of perseverance and patience and “No Glory in the West” which examines how exhausting that can be.
- WARNER RECORDS AND AFFILIATED LABELS ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES IN CELEBRATION OF RECORD STORE DAY 2021
- ALLAN RAYMAN RELEASES NEW SONG “CHIEF”
- ASCAP EXPO Initial Lineup: 2019’s Chart-Toppers, GRAMMY Winners, Platinum Hitmakers Set to Inspire
- James TW Releases New Track, “Suitcase” From Upcoming Album, Chapters
- ALANIS MORISSETTE ANNOUNCES 2020 TOUR CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF JAGGED LITTLE PILL
- LITTLE HURT RELEASES NEW TRACK “IT’S OK NOT TO BE OK” AND ACCOMPANYING VIDEO TODAY
- Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Eric Church, Garth Brooks, P!NK, and The Rolling Stones Lead Nominees for 31st Annual Pollstar Awards
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- Iann Dior RELEASES “FLOWERS” VISUAL FROM ALBUM INDUSTRY PLANT
- THE BLACK CROWES Present SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER 2020 WORLD TOUR