CONAN GRAY ANNOUNCES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DEBUT ALBUM KID KROW OUT MARCH 20th
Kicking off the New Year with very big news, buzzing 21-year-old bedroom pop singer-songwriter Conan Gray reveals the details for his anxiously awaited full-length debut, Kid Krow, arriving in stores and at all digital retailers March 20th.
The pre-order includes instant grat downloads of previously released fan favorites such as current single “Maniac,” “Comfort Crowd,” and “Checkmate” as well as the brand-new song “The Story”—just unveiled today. Stream “The Story” Here and Check Out “The Story” Lyric Video Here!
“The Story” lives up to its title as Gray’s most candid and confessional composition yet. Over solo acoustic guitar, he depicts the trauma and tragedy of the suburbs, bullying, sexual repression, and finally escape to a better life in vivid fashion. He opens up more than ever and promises, “It’s not the end of the story…”
He commented, “The record is a study of how I perceive the world. I talk a lot about my friends and people I’ve met touring over the past year. It’s me. I’m not the coolest person, but the album is me accepting the fact I’m weird and I don’t need to be anybody else. It’s also a chance to encourage others to embrace who they are and be unapologetic about it.”
Music from Kid Krow has already resonated in a big way. Songs from the album have been streamed upwards of 92 million times, including the album’s current single “Maniac” [51 million streams], “Comfort Crowd” [19 million streams], and “Checkmate” [22 million streams]. Produced by frequent collaborator Daniel Nigro, it unfolds as a cohesive vision and hints at the expanse of his world. See full tracklisting for Kid Krow below.
As the story goes, Conan Gray found a way out of his tiny Texas hometown by building his own musical world from nothing more than Garage Band and a cheap microphone taped to a lamp.
Within two years since uploading “Idle Town,” he quietly climbed to the forefront of pop on the back of his debut EP, Sunset Season [Republic Records], and a string of successful singles. Amassing upwards of 300 million streams, he garnered acclaim from Vogue, VMAN, Teen Vogue, Paper, The FADER, MTV, i-D, Billboard, Seventeen, and OnesToWatch, to name a few, made his television debut on Late Night with Seth Meyers, and transformed peers such as Billie Eilish, BTS, The 1975, Brendon Urie, Troye Sivan, Lewis Capaldi, and Noah Cyrus into ardent and vocal fans. Prior to the release of a proper full-length, he sold out three North American headline tours and a European headline tour in addition to supporting Panic! At The Disco and performing at Lollapalooza. He will be playing Coachella in 2020.
Kid Krow Tracklisting
- “Comfort Crowd”
- “Wish You Were Sober”
- “The Cut That Always Bleeds”
- “Fight or Flight”
- “(Can We Be Friends?)”
- “Little League”
- “The Story”
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CONAN GRAY
- WARNER RECORDS AND AFFILIATED LABELS ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES IN CELEBRATION OF RECORD STORE DAY 2021
- The Head and The Heart Announces North American Spring Tour, Releases ‘Honeybee’ Official Video
- THE KID LAROI GRIEVES LOST FRIEND, JUICE WRLD IN ENDEARING NEW SONG “TELL ME WHY”
- Katy J Pearson Shares New Track “Hey You”
- Dom Kennedy Announces Highly Anticipated Forthcoming Studio Album “From The Westside with Love III”
- PARTYNEXTDOOR ENLISTS BAD BUNNY ON REMIX FOR “LOYAL” FEAT. DRAKE
- CITY MORGUE DEBUTS AT NO. 1 ON THE BILLBOARD TOP R&B/HIP HOP ALBUMS AND APPLE MUSIC ROCK ALBUMS CHARTS WITH CITY MORGUE VOL 2: AS GOOD AS DEAD TODAY
- keshi releases new track “more”
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- ROYCE 5’9″ RELEASES NEW TRACK “I DON’T’ AGE” TODAY