CITY MORGUE DEBUTS AT NO. 1 ON THE BILLBOARD TOP R&B/HIP HOP ALBUMS AND APPLE MUSIC ROCK ALBUMS CHARTS WITH CITY MORGUE VOL 2: AS GOOD AS DEAD TODAY
Hikari-Ultra/Republic Records duo City Morgue debuts at number one on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums Chart and in the top 20 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart today with their new album CITY MORGUE VOL 2: AS GOOD AS DEAD. Despite being in the rock categories on all of the digital service platforms and number one on the Apple Music Rock Albums chart, Billboard went in a different direction, placing it on their urban genre chart.
Impressively generating over two million total streams in under two weeks, the pair—SosMula and ZillaKami—launch a full-scale infiltration of both the rock and hip hop marketplace with this culture-splitting album. These two urban kids from a new generation are making waves to bring new life to rock music, with a hip-hop touch.
The 17-track album is executive produced by legendary producer Mike Dean and features their previously released single “THE BALLOONS.” On the album, the duo spin gothic hood tales, harking back to timeless East Coast hip-hop—yet sharpened by their signature dark metallic edge. New York’s most notorious duo flex their storytelling like never before and hint at a deeper, darker and deadlier narrative. The duo partnered with Bravado to create exclusive merch surrounding the release of their new album that sold out in three days and collaborated with A$AP Bari’s VLONE to create t-shirts, sweatshirts, bandanas and more that sold out in 72 hours.
The melding of Rock and Rap is a concept that’s existed within the underbelly of music for decades, yet few have done what City Morgue is doing. When upstarts SosMula and ZillaKami come together, their fusion is seamless—oozing true skill with a reckless lack of fucks left to give. On the supergroup’s debut mixtape City Morgue Vol. 1: Hell or High Water, the dynamic duo delivered a new and exciting vibe for any fan of true music—from hip-hop to metal. They will continue this movement on their second album CITY MORGUE VOL 2: AS GOOD AS DEAD. Their music is an experience anyone can appreciate and shows what happens when two worlds meet to form an entirely new planet. The Hikari-Ultra/Republic Records signees have already shown a significant track record of hits in a relatively short amount of time, and it won’t stop there. The duo also dominates the merch scene, with countless sold out exclusive collections. Most recently, the pair teamed up with famed illustrator Mark Riddick and creative director Joe Perez for merch that sold out in 24 hours. Stay tuned for more merch announcements.
- MUSIC ARTIST, YOUTUBER, AND BOXER KSI STRIKES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BMG
- OH WONDER RELEASES SURPRISE CHRISTMAS SONG “THIS CHRISTMAS”
- JOZZY RELEASES NEW SONG “FUNNY FRIENDS”
- LOUS AND THE YAKUZA RELEASES “BON ACTEUR” THROUGH A SPECIAL COLORS SESSION
- NAYANA IZ Shares Debut Track “how we do” Out Now On Different Recordings
- T9INE TAPS LIL DURK FOR “MIND OF A REAL” REMIX – VIDEO OUT NOW
- ACTRESS, MODEL AND SINGER BELLA THORNE AND OSCAR-WINNING RAPPER/PRODUCER JUICY J RELEASE NEW TRACK “IN YOU”
- THE UNLIKELY CANDIDATES “NOVOCAINE” HITS TOP 5 ON ALTERNATIVE RADIO CHARTS
- BENICIO BRYANT RELEASES “WHO HURT YOU?” (STRIPPED)
- FLORA CASH RELEASE NEW SONG “A good childhood”