Music has a way of bringing people together during times of concern, trouble or stress. In the wake of the Coronavirus impacting our society, Carl Brister’s socially conscious new single “L.O.V.E.” comes at the perfect time. “Lately the world’s been goin crazy. Hate divides, but love’s the one thing that unifies,” expresses singer/songwriter, Carl Brister, on the retro soul throwback song with a message that penetrates the soul, touches the heart, and brings people together.
Layered against his signature mix of lush harmonies, warm tones, and high falsetto, L.O.V.E. is inspired by Marvin Gaye’s timeless classic, “What’s Goin’ On.” Carl Brister’s “L.O.V.E.” asks important questions about the state of the world and explores the similar issues that Gaye sang about when he released “What’s Goin’ On” nearly 50 years ago – police brutality, education, voting, and discrimination. Although the questions are the same, Carl offers L.O.V.E. as the solution!
He first came to national attention when his previous singles “Turning Point,” and “Let’s Go Back” were featured on NBC, BET, Pandora, Music Choice, Spotify, and more. He describes his sound as “Free Music” that combines elements of Soul, R&B, Pop, and Dance in a retro fusion that takes you back while moving you forward.
A husband and proud father of two sons, Carl grew concerned about the rise of police brutality and broadening racial divide throughout the country. Using music to bring people together, in 2016 he founded The Love+Unity Fest, a free family event created to inspire unity in the community. The festival is packed with LIVE musical performances, food trucks, vendors, and activities for kids in his current hometown of West Orange, NJ. “With the divisiveness increasing throughout our nation, I felt the urge to create an event that brings people together and The Love +Unity Fest was created. We started in New Jersey and are planning to take the Love+Unity Tour to communities throughout the country to promote the message that LOVE is so needed today.”
His new single, “L.O.V.E.” will be released in the Spring of 2020 on all online platforms including iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music, and more. “Everything begins and ends with L.O.V.E.! It’s what we all need!”
- LEYLA BLUE SINGER/SONGWRITER RELEASES DEBUT EP SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK, OUT TODAY VIA ISLAND RECORDS
- EPIC Introduces New Actist GIVEON With The Release of His New Song LIKE “I WANT YOU”
- THE CHAINSMOKERS RELEASE FULL-LENGTH ALBUM WORLD WAR JOY
- TOM WALKER RELEASES WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE DELUXE EDITION TODAY
- KAMAIYAH RELEASES NEW SINGLE & VIDEO “STILL I AM”
- CITY MORGUE RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR “YAKUZA” FROM RECENT MIXTAPE TOXIC BOOGALOO
- Unconventional Country Music Artist, Walker Hayes, Is Giving Back To Fans This Holiday Season With The Release of 8Tracks Vol. 3 – Black Sheep
- Own Orders New Episodes of Hit Saturday Night Series ‘Ready to Love’ And ‘Love and Marriage: Huntsville’
- Def Jam Fortefies Executive Team, Promoted Rodney Shealey and Theda Sandiford
- HARRY STYLES RELEASES NEW SONG “WATERMELON SUGAR” FROM UPCOMING ALBUM FINE LINE