Two of the biggest names in music and entertainment are joining forces on March 21 to help raise funds to support nonprofit organizations working to revitalize the historic Westside of Atlanta.
Steve Harvey will host and Bruno Mars will headline the inaugural Beloved Benefit, which will bring together all of Atlanta to honor and celebrate the legacy of the Westside and the great work being done there.
Steve Harvey, Bruno Mars and Emeli Sandé join the chorus of supporters lending their talents to help celebrate the inaugural Beloved Benefit on March 21. Harvey will host the evening with Mars and Sandé performing.
Entertainer, magnate and philanthropist Steve Harvey will serve as emcee for the evening, which will spotlight Atlanta’s powerful history as the cradle of the civil rights movement and its bright future as a city on the front lines of change. Grammy-winning recording artist Bruno Mars will headline the evening’s entertainment, and multi BRIT award-winning British singer-songwriter Emeli Sandé will perform “Hope,” her stunning song about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. In addition, attendees will experience culinary delights, powerful speakers and a few surprise performances reflective of the city and the Westside.
“The Westside of Atlanta nurtured some of the most inspirational civil rights activists and pivotal moments in U.S. history,” Harvey said. “I’m excited to join the growing chorus of supporters lending their time, talents and treasures for one common purpose: to create a brighter tomorrow for this community.”
The inaugural Beloved Benefit, which was announced in October, will be hosted on the field of Mercedes-Benz Stadium. One hundred percent of proceeds will go back to area nonprofits. With the help of its star-studded lineup, the event will increase awareness of issues impacting Atlanta’s Westside, build support for those making a difference in the community, and unite all of Atlanta to rally behind the residents of the Westside.
During the benefit, local nonprofits will be honored for their efforts in sustainable growth and development of the Westside. Following the event, the Beloved Benefit team will distribute proceeds to the following inaugural beneficiaries: The At-Promise Youth and Community Center, City of Refuge, Grove Park Foundation, The Westside Future Fund and Westside Works. Ten additional nonprofit organizations will also be recognized with Beacon Awards, which honor organizations’ resiliency and continued work to advance the Westside and current Westside residents.
Based on the idea of the Beloved Community amplified by Dr. King, the Beloved Benefit aims to nurture love, respect and trust among all Atlantans. To learn more about the Beloved Benefit, visit www.belovedbenefit.org.
- KIRK FRANKLIN AND LE’ANDRIA JOHNSON MAKE BIG SPLASHES AT 2019 SOUL TRAIN AWARDS
- PLATINUM-SELLING RAPPER BLUEFACE RELEASES NEW SINGLE & VIDEO FOR “CHOSE ME” FEATURING RISING LA SENSATION BLXST
- LEYLA BLUE RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR “SILENCE,” OFF HER DEBUT EP, SONGS FOR BOYS THAT DIDN’T TEXT ME BACK
- T9INE TAPS LIL DURK FOR “MIND OF A REAL” REMIX – VIDEO OUT NOW
- Halsey Releases New Single “Graveyard” And Announces Next Album ‘MANIC’ Out January 17, 2020
- Lil Loaded Releases New Music Video For “Link Up” Featuring Pooh Shiesty!
- KANYE WEST PRESENTS THE DONDA ALBUM RELEASE
- Halsey Celebrates Her Birthday, Sharing New Album Track And Video, “clementine”
- otta Shares Video For “just like the rain” Songbook EP Out Today
- STUNNA GIRL RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO FOR NEW SINGLE “10 TIMES”